For: Outstanding international students applying for postgraduate coursework studies at Griffith University.
Available to: New future students.
Level of study: Postgraduate coursework.
Citizenship: Citizen of a country other than Australia or New Zealand.
Award value and benefits: $6,000 in total. (Two tuition payments of $3,000.)
Duration: Two trimesters.
Programs of study: All postgraduate (excluding online, non-award and offshore delivery).
Applications open: Now.
- Trimester 2 2017 - Applications close Friday, 3 March 2017 (for 3 July commencement). Outcome notified by end of March.
- have a minimum GPA in undergraduate studies of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale or 5.5 on a 7.0 scale.
- have applied and be eligible for admission, or be in receipt of a conditional or unconditional offer from the University for entry into a postgraduate coursework degree program by the scholarship closing date.
- have satisfied all appropriate entry requirements for the proposed degree program, including results of previous study and English language proficiency as per Griffith University's Postgraduate Entry Requirements.
- be a commencing (not existing) student at Griffith University.
- be enrolling as a full-time student in a postgraduate (coursework only) degree at Griffith University.
Applicants must provide:
- a certified/attested true copy of supporting documentation demonstrating strong academic merit as outlined in Eligibility section.
- a personal statement which includes why the applicant has applied for the scholarship, the selected program of study at Griffith University, and other information they feel strengthens their application for the scholarship.
Applicants are assessed by a panel which will consider previous academic results and the personal statement.
Griffith International seeks to attract a diverse student cohort in terms of nationality and study discipline and reserves the right to distribute scholarships accordingly.
Griffith International offers Postgraduate Excellence Scholarships valued at $6,000 each for outstanding international students applying for postgraduate coursework studies. Two payments of $3,000 will be made towards each recipient's tuition fees in the first and second trimester of their program.
Scholarship applicants will usually be advised in writing of the outcome of the scholarship within one month of the application closing date and will be given a date by which to accept the scholarship. Scholarship offers not accepted by the specified date will be withdrawn.