Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC)
It is a condition of your student visa that you have Overseas Student Health Cover for the entire duration of your student visa. This cost is separate to your tuition charges.
OSHC is health insurance that provides cover towards the costs of:
- out-of-hospital medical treatment
- in-hospital medical treatment
- prescription medicines
- emergency ambulance assistance
- pre-existing conditions (after the first 12 months of your policy)
You will have:
- access to a 24-hour emergency helpline
- on-campus support
- efficient direct billing and claiming processes.
Evidence of your OSHC must be provided when you apply for a student visa.
For your convenience, Griffith University automatically arranges health insurance for all students except Belgian and Norwegian students.
Griffith University's preferred provider of OSHC is Allianz Global Assistance.
Belgian and Norwegian students who are not required to purchase OSHC, will be covered for treatment that is medically necessary under their country's Reciprocal Health Care Agreement (RHCA) with Australia.