Risk, Notice and Indemnity policy
- I understand by the nature of the activities* there is a risk that I could suffer injury or death and/or loss of or damage to my property when participating in an activity. I understand some of the activities are dangerous activities and that by participating in such activities I will be exposed to risks which include over exertion, dehydration, accidents with other participants and spectators, and accidents caused by my own actions. I acknowledge in some circumstances there may be no or inadequate facilities or equipment to provide assistance if I am injured.
- I acknowledge some activities will be conducted by Griffith and some activities will be conducted by organisations independent of Griffith.
- I acknowledge and agree that if I participate in an activity I do so voluntarily and at my own risk and I release and indemnify Griffith and its staff from any claims, causes of action of any nature whatsoever which may be made by me or on my behalf or made by other persons which are connected to or arise out of any injury, loss, damage or death caused to me or my property as a result of my participation in an activity whether due to negligence or breach of agreement or any other cause whatsoever.
- If I become aware at any time of any health condition or impairment or other reason which may cause me to suffer injury or death while participating in the activity I agree to withdraw from participating in the activity.
- I agree to give Griffith prior notice (if possible by the Thursday before the activity is due to commence), of any health or other reasons which may require Griffith to provide to me specific assistance or to meet special requirements (including special dietary requirements) with my participation in the activity.
- If I withdraw from an activity, I acknowledge a full refund will be given only if I notify Griffith in writing before 4.30pm on the Thursday before the activity is due to commence. An activity may be postponed by Griffith without a refund. However, if the activity is cancelled by Griffith a full refund will be given.
*All Cultural, Social, Sporting and other activities offered by Griffith which includes activities conducted by Griffith and external organisations whether conducted outdoors or indoors such as public festivals; private gatherings; physical contact and/or endurance sports such as soccer, surfing, ice skating; excursions such as overnight treks or whale watching; workshops; fundraisers and/or volunteering opportunities. A more detailed list of the type of activities which may be offered by Griffith is contained in the Orientation Pack which will be made available during Orientation.