Succeeding at Griffith is a compulsory 3-day intensive short course designed specifically for international partner university students transitioning to Griffith University. The course aims to highlight university expectations and to enhance the language, academic and study skills required to succeed at Griffith.
What you'll study
The Succeeding at Griffith course focuses on:
- learning how to organise your time effectively,
- selecting and reading appropriate resources,
- identifying and expressing your academic 'voice',
- structuring your arguments and essays,
- referencing and avoiding plagiarism,
- listening in lectures; and
- actively participating in tutorials and seminars.
Who the course is for
All international partner university students not completing an intensive English course at GELI, such as the Direct Entry Program, are required to undertake the free, three day Succeeding at Griffith program immediately prior to Orientation in each trimester.
Students will need to arrive and be settled into their accommodation in time to enable them to focus on this program to help them achieve the best possible academic outcomes.
- In T1, the 3-day Succeeding at Griffith program precedes the University's official 5 day Orientation Week.
- In T2 and T3, Succeeding at Griffith is part of a coordinated 5 day University Orientation Week.
2018 start dates
|Wednesday 14 - Friday 16 February
|Monday 2 - Friday 6 July
|Monday 22 - Friday 26 October
Succeeding at Griffith
12 hours total