English Test Preparation is designed for students who are planning to take an external English language test such as IELTS or ISLPR.
- Learn more about IELTS testing
English Test Preparation is available post-arrival, only to students at Direct Entry Program level 6.
What you'll study
This course provides an overview of the main English language proficiency tests and introduces you to a range of helpful test-taking strategies. The course introduces practice in the four skills areas of the tests including
- Reading: understanding information from academic and general texts
- Writing: researching and writing essays under exam conditions
- Listening: understanding information presented in academic and general settings
- Speaking: participating in academic/general discussions and presenting information
- 20 hours per week of face-to-face learning divided in the following classes.
- Writing 1
- Language Lab
- Reading Skills
- Item Type Strategies
- Speaking/Listening Skills
- Part Practise Test
- Test Feedback
- 5 hours a week of independent study
You can use this course to develop your language proficiency to prepare yourself for an external English language proficiency test.
Visit our key dates page for information on orientation and program start dates.
English Test Preparation
20 hours per week
5 hours per week
English Language Programs (Beginner to Advanced) 1 - 50 weeks
CRICOS code 013051D
"Australia is a place of multiculturalism. I have met people from many different backgrounds, have learned about diverse cultures and also shared my customs with others. GELI has provided me with a strong foundation for my future studies through great courses and professional, native-speaking teachers. After my time at GELI, I will commence my Master of Health Services Management at Griffith University. Through this program, I hope to be able to improve the level of health in my community once I return home."
Hafiz Zaheer Ullah, Pakistan