The Griffith English Language Institute (GELI) Excellence Award is designed to reward students for their participation and contribution while studying at GELI.
GELI Excellence Award winners receive AUD$1,000.
The winner is announced at the end of each five-week study period. All GELI students (excluding High School Preparation and Succeding at Griffith) are able to apply for the award every 5 weeks. Students can nominate themselves or a class mate who deserves to win.
The GELI Excellence Award recognise students who are
- Progressing well in their studies
- Attending 95% or more of their classes
- Attending GELI workshops
- Participating in GELI's Activities program
- Undertaking independent learning activities
- Active on the GELI Facebook page
- Contributing positively to enhance the student experience
GELI Excellence Award winner:
Risa Tsutsumi, from Japan.