In 1990, The Griffith English Language Institute (GELI) was established on our Mt Gravatt Campus under the directorship of Professor David Ingram AM.
In 2015, our twenty-fifth year, we are located on three of Griffith University's five campuses. Our English programs and test centres are taught and coordinated by almost 200 staff.
Every five weeks we welcome a new ELICOS student cohort, and over 1000 students from 45 countries commence study with us annually.
While on average only 41% of Australia’s English language program graduates move into other education sectors, over 80% of GELI graduates go on to undertake tertiary education at Griffith University.
Our constant drive to innovate, grow and provide the best English language education is reflected in our receipt of numerous awards and our position as one of Australia’s leading English language institutes.