Griffith University has a dedicated accommodation support team that can assist with enquiries related to both on-campus and off-campus housing options.
Griffith Accommodation will provide a guaranteed offer of on-campus accommodation at Nathan or Mt Gravatt to all international students who apply by the deadlines:
Trimester 1: 3 February 2017
Trimester 2: 9 June 2017
- close to the University campus
- managed by experienced providers and staff
- arrange various social activities
- exposure to a range of international and domestic students
- may be distant from popular city locations
- typically more expensive than off-campus options
- you can choose the location
- cheaper rent
- option to choose housemates
- independent living
- more responsibility (e.g. arranging rent and electricity bills)
- less-controlled environment
For more information on accommodation options, please visit Accommodation.
The public transport system in Brisbane and the Gold Coast is managed by Translink. In Brisbane, you can use trains, buses, and ferries to travel to/from campus and to various locations through the city. On the Gold Coast, buses and a light rail system are the main means of transport.
As a student doing full-time studies, you are eligible to apply online for the tertiary concession fare which will allow you to travel using discounted fare rates for students.
Nathan and Mt Gravatt campuses are located 5 minutes away from each other. Griffith University operates a free inter-campus bus for students travelling between these locations. It runs from Monday to Friday every 30 minutes. For more information, visit the Intercampus bus webpage.