The Griffith Institute for Tourism Advisory Board aims to meet three times a year to support the Director, staff and researchers in achieving the goals of the University and the mission of the Griffith Institute for Tourism.
The Advisory Board provides strategic advice to the Griffith Institute for Tourism regarding:
- The Institute's research profile, activities and strategic direction
- Ways in which GIFT can forge research partnerships in the tourism sector and improve its links with industry and government
- Achieving its objective of becoming a leading international Institute in tourism research
- Fundraising to support research activities.
CURRENT ADVISORY BOARD MEMBERS
- Daniel Gschwind, CEO, Queensland Tourism Industry Council
- Phillipa Harrison, Managing Director, Tourism Australia
- Professor Leo Jago, Professor of Events, Griffith University
- Emma McDonald, Senior Investment Specialist Tourism Infrastructure Austrade
- Stewart Moore, CEO / Director, EC3 Global
- Don Morris AO, Chairman, Tourism Think Tank
- Christopher Warren, Proprietor, Crystal Creek Meadows Luxury Cottages and Spa Retreat
- Professor David Grant (ex officio), Pro Vice Chancellor (Business), Griffith University