To be a world-leading drug discovery hub that recruits and supports outstanding people; provides an inclusive environment and exceptional resources for drug lead discovery and characterisation; and partners effectively with stakeholders to facilitate translational outcomes.
Creating Knowledge That Transforms Lives.
We do this by:
- Targeting the world’s most devastating diseases
- Working together to solve fundamental and applied problems
- Innovating at the chemistry:biology interface
- Fostering the next generation of scientists
- Supporting unique state-of-the-art research platforms
- Collaborating across academia, community, government, health, industry
Our values are
Excellence – we:
- Attract, support, train and develop high-performing staff
- Proactively engage with our peers to deliver high quality, impactful outcomes
- Invest in cutting-edge infrastructure that supports our work
Integrity – we:
- Are honest and ethical in everything we do
- Are reliable and keep our commitments
- Have the courage to stand up for what we believe is right
Collegiality – we:
- Co-operate, collaborate and help each other - to build a better Institute
- Celebrate each others success, and acknowledge contributions appropriately
- Communicate constructively, openly and honestly
Respect – we:
- Are considerate of each other’s needs and recognise the value of diversity
- Are inclusive, engaging and consultative
- Treat people fairly, with courtesy and dignity
Equity and diversity
GRIDD is one of Griffith University’s champions of gender equity in science, technology, engineering, maths and medicine (STEMM), ensuring women are best positioned to reach their full potential.
History and people
GRIDD comprises more than 130 research, administrative and support staff.