Quotes and decommissioning of computer equipment
This service supplies quotes for standard and non-standard computer hardware, the wiping of hard drives, and the decommissioning of computer desktops and laptops.
This service is available for
All Griffith staff, students and community.
Service ProvisionsService Includes:
- Provide quotes for computer equipment
- Provide advice on how to order computer equipment
- Assistance with Software Services ‘Shopping Cart', Asset Disposal Application and the ITS Web Site for the Computer Retirement Process
- Removal of the computer from Active Directory (AD) and System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) using the Asset Decommission Utility
- Updates to the Configuration Item record for the computer in the Service Desk Tool
- Handling of equipment
Trimester 3: Telephone and chat support available: Monday to Thursday: 7am to 9pm | Friday: 7am to 6.30pm | Saturday, Sunday and public holidays 10am to 5pm.
There is no cost associated with the use of this service.
How do I initiate the service?
- Web: AskUs | IT Self-service Centre (staff only)
- Webform: IT Service Centre Webform
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Chat: IT Support Chat
- Remote Support: Griffith Remote Assist
- Telephone: (07) 3735 5555 (Brisbane Campuses), (07) 5552 5555 (Gold Coast Campus)