General technical support
General technical support refers to a plethora of services for which the IT Service Centre (ITSC) provide assistance to the Griffith community. The ITSC will attempt to help the user solve specific problems with a product or service. IT Service Centre analysts gather the customer’s information and determine the customer’s issue, analyzing the symptoms.
This includes troubleshooting methods such as remote desktop control, verifying physical layer issues, uninstalling/reinstalling basic software applications, verification of proper hardware and software set up, and assistance with navigating around applications.
If the ITSC analyst cannot resolve the issue they have the skills to log a job to the most appropriate team for resolution.
This service is available for
All Griffith staff, students and community.
Service ProvisionsService Includes:
- Wireless connections
- Internet access and advice
- Email and Google Apps support
- Software installs and assistance
- Printing and printer installs
- Audio visual support
- Video conference support
- Support for Unified Collaboration tools such as WebEx, Jabber, Cisco phones
- eResearch support
- Common software applications support
- Log in and password support
- Unlocking accounts
- Unsupported devices
- Bookings for rooms or equipment
There is no cost associated with the use of this service.
How do I initiate the service?
- Web: AskUs | IT Self-service Centre (staff only)
- Webform: IT Service Centre Webform
- Email: email@example.com
- Chat: IT Support Chat
- Remote Support: Griffith Remote Assist
- Telephone: (07) 3735 5555 (Brisbane Campuses), (07) 5552 5555 (Gold Coast Campus)