Communities of practice are groups of people who share a concern or a passion for something they do and learn how to do it better as they interact regularly. (REF)
Across Information Services we have many formal/informal Communities of Practice (COP). Below is a brief summary of each COP. If you are interested in joining a group, contact the group representative in the first instance.
Business Analysts CoP
- Membership is targeted at Information Services Business Analysts
Cycle of meetings: Every 6 weeks
Change Management CoP
Membership Requirements (incl. open/closed)
- Membership is closed and targeted at Information Services Change Management Professionals.
Cycle of Meetings: Every 6 weeks (formally) and every 6 weeks (social lunch)
Research Knowledge Network
- Open to all INS staff who are interested in Research
Cycle of meetings: 3 a year
- Initially a small group but expanding - please drop Duncan a line to discuss joining in and/or visit their sharepoint site
- This is for technical IT folk interested in discussing new developments in areas such as software development, server environments and random technical stuff.
Project Managers CoP
Contact: Project Management Office
Membership Requirements (incl. open/closed): Membership is targeted at Information Services Project Management Professionals.
Cycle of Meetings: Quarterly (this may become more frequent depending on interest)