Study and experience Peru
Get swept up in the rugged beauty, history and cultures of Peru, all while earning 20 credit points towards your degree.
The centrepiece of this course is a unique international experience: a three week field trip to Peru. You will travel widely with experienced and knowledgeable guides to experience the diverse landscapes, local life and cultures of Peru.
This field trip is an exceptional opportunity to enhance your intercultural and communication skills. It is open to all Griffith University students, with a focus on students of languages, particularly Spanish.
- Griffith course code and title: 3356LAL Touring Cultures - Collecting words and images in Peru
- Prerequisites: None. This course is open to all second and third year level Griffith University students, with a focus on students of languages, particularly Spanish
- Assumed background: Students must have a strong interest in Spanish, pre-hispanic and hispanic cultures. A basic 'social' proficiency equivalent to 'B1 Threshold Level' of CEFR is desirable. For queries, contact the course convenor
- Credit points awarded: 20CP
- Contact the course convenor: Dr Andrew Munro
Study trip details
- Destination: Peru
- Length of trip: Approximately 3 weeks
- Proposed dates: Study Trip details: Pre-departure: 4 two-hour lectures (dates to be confirmed). Peru field trip: approx. 3 weeks in Nov – Dec 2017. Precise dates to be confirmed
- Number of participants: 15 maximum
Study trip costs
- Approximate costs: $6,600 (including airfares, ground transport, accommodation, some meals and some entry fees)
Funding your Peru tour
You may be able eligible for OS-HELP, a $6,567 loan from the Federal Government which goes towards HECS-HELP. For more visit Griffith Global Mobility.