Gain course credit and insights into the Muslim World
Discover the diverse people, history and culture of Islamic civilisation in this unique four week international tour.
Deepen your understanding by travelling to Malaysia, Turkey, Spain and Morocco:
- Engage directly with the wonders, diversity and challenges of Islamic civilisation
- Enhance your interpersonal and intercultural skills and knowledge
- Expand your network of contacts, associates and friends
This field trip is an exceptional opportunity to visit places of cultural, religious, academic and historical significance. Experience the wonders of the mosques in Morocco and the bustling markets of Kuala Lumpur and Turkey. You'll also meet prominent academics, journalists, religious scholars and political leaders to discuss the current issues and challenges of these regions.
Places you will visit:
- Kuala Lumpur
- Griffith course code: Muslim World Study Tour (3610LHS)
- Credit points awarded: 10CP
- Course offering: Conducted in the summer semester of each year
- Assessment: Students must complete a pre-trip orientation exam, an opinion piece and online reflective journal
- Contact the course convenor: Associate Professor Halim Rane