B Arts (Hons), Dip Ed in Foreign Language Teaching, M Arts
- Computer Assisted Language Learning (language corpora; Blog Assisted Language Learning )
- Language Learning Strategies
- Material development in foreign language teaching
Current teaching areas
- Italian language, Italian studies
Research supervision areas
Tiziana's research interests are in the areas of Italian language studies; computer-assisted language learning; language learning strategies; and language teaching methodology. Her work focuses on the development of electronic corpus, blogs and wikis and their application in L2 teaching in a blended context. Particular attention is given to the role these electronic tools play in the development of L2 writing strategies, in fostering a sense of learning community and in promoting independent learning.
- 1996 (with S. Visocnik-Murray, S. Eisenchlas, and C. Poyatos Matas) L' asso nella manica, Boombana, Brisbane pp 108
- 1999 (with S. Visocnik-Murray) Instructor's Guide to L'asso nella manica, Boombana, Brisbane pp112
- 1996 (with C. Kennedy and S. Visocnik-Murray) Italia oggi: a multimedia window on Italian grammar', in proceedings of conference 'Who's afraid of teaching grammar?' in Working Papers in Applied Linguistics, no. 1, Centre for Language Teaching and Research, University of Queensland, Brisbane pp 225-236
- 2000 (with C. Kennedy) CALL in a communicative context: a study of students' conversation at a multimedia workstation, Babel, 35/1: 18-23
- 2001 (with C. Kennedy) An evaluation of intermediate students' approaches to corpus investigation, Language Learning and Technology, 5/3: 77-90
- 2002 (with C. Kennedy) An Apprenticeship with the CWIC Corpus: a tool for learner writers in Italian, in Kennedy, C. (ed.) Proceedings of workshop Innovations in Italian Teaching.
- 2004 (with S. Visocnik Murray & C. Kennedy) "Stimulated Reflection": A Technique for Language Learners' in Educating: Weaving Research into Practice, School of Cognition, Language, and Special Education, Griffith University, Brisbane.
- 2005 (with S. Visocnik Murray) Strategy Training: Developing Learning Awareness in a Beginning FL Classroom, in Stimulating the "Action" as Participants in Participatory Research, Griffith University, Brisbane.
- 2006 Foreign Language students' perceptions of a reflective approach to text correction, in Flinders University Languages Group Online Review, vol.3, no.1, Flinders University, Australia.
- 2010 (with S. Visocnik Murray & C. Kennedy) Using an L2 blog to enhance learners' participation and sense of community, Computer Assisted Language Learning, 23/4: 321-341.
- 2010 (with C. Kennedy) Corpus-Assisted creative writing: Introducing intermediate Italian learners to a corpus as a reference resource, Language Learning and Technology, 14/1: 28-44.