B Arts, PhD
- Australian literature and history
- Australian Culture between the Wars
- Renaissance literature
- History of reading
- ‘Personality, Appreciation and Literary Education: Harrap's Poetry and Life Series, 1911-1930’ in John Spiers, ed. The Culture of the Publisher's Series, Volume One: Authors, Publishers and the Shaping of Taste. London: Palgrave Macmillan, 2011. pp. 125-40.
- ‘The Historiography of Reading in Australia’ in David Carter and Wang Guanglin, eds. Modern Australian Criticism and Theory. Qingdao: China Ocean University Press, 2010. pp. 139-52.
- ‘Literary Appreciation, American-Style: Channels of Influence in Early Twentieth-Century Australia, in Robert Dixon and Nicholas Birns, eds. Reading Across the Pacific: Australia–United States Intellectual Histories. Sydney: Sydney University Press, 2010. pp. 283-98.
- 'An Australian Reading Experience database, 1788 –‘ in Katherine Bode and Robert Dixon, Resourceful Reading: The New Empiricism, eResearch, and Australian Literary Culture Sydney: Sydney University Press, 2009. pp. 340-47
- ‘The Writer Alan D. Mickle: Serendipity, Vanity and Obscurity in an Australian Literary Career’, Journal of the Association for the Study of Australian Literature, vol 9, no 2 (2009),1-11
- ‘Taste, Appreciation and the Study of Literature: F.D. Maurice, R.G. Moulton and the Extramural Effect’, Australasian Victorian Studies Journal, vol 13, no 1, 21-34.
- ‘Bookish-ness and Australian Literature’, Script and Print, vol 30, no 4, 223-36.
- Patrick Buckridge and Belinda McKay, eds., 2007. A Literary History of Queensland, St Lucia: UQP.
- 'Generations of Books: A Tasmanian Family Library, 1816-1994.' Library Quarterly, vol.76, no.4, 2006. University of Chicago Press, Chicago.
- 'The Age of Appreciation: Reading and Teaching Classic Literature in Australia in the Early Twentieth Century.' Australian Literary Studies, vol 22 no 3 (2006), 342-356.
- 'Baby Boomers at Play' in Paper Empires: A History of the Book in Australia 1946-2005 ed. Craig Munro and Robyn Sheahan-Bright (UQP, 2006), pp. 349-355.
- 'Being Elsewhere: Aesthetics, Identities and Alienation in Peter Austen's Life and Poetry', Journal of the Association for the Study of Australian Literature [Online], vol 5 (2006), 133-150.