B Arts (Visual Arts), GDip Creative Writing, PhD
Lecturer, School of Humanities
- 2013 Translation (Kamilaroi) Marcus Waters 2013, Yarning Strong, Reading the Bush, Oxford University Press, Australia.
- 2006 M. Waters, West Cairns Stories: Brisbane, Griffith University and QLD Government.
- 1995 M. Waters, Working with Diversity: A Guide to inclusive language. Brisbane, QUT Equity.
- 1994 M. Waters, Young Peoples Perceptions and Attitudes to Sexual Violence: National Youth Affairs Research Scheme. Hobart, National Clearing for Youth Studies.
- Marcus Waters 2014, 'Gamil Yanaay Walaybaa: No Going Home', in The World to Come, Spineless Wonders Publishing, Australia.
- Marcus Waters 2011, 'Contemporary Urban Indigenous 'Dreamings': Connection, Ceremony and Practice', in Aesopic Voices: Re-framing Truth through Concealed Ways of Presentation in the 20th and 21st Centuries, Cambridge Scholars Publishing, United Kingdom.
Refereed journal articles
- Marcus Waters and Alison J. Sammel 2014, ‘Interdisciplinary Practice: Dialogue as Action to Resist Colonialism in Higher Education’, in Scientific Research: Creative Education, 2014, 5, 1235-1248 Published Online August 2014 in SciRes.
- Marcus Waters 2013, 'Nurturing the "beginning" in protecting our traditional practices from the end: family, kinship and Kamilaroi Aboriginal First Nation knowledge in Australia', in Journal of the European Association for Studies on Australia, vol.4, no.1, Universitat de Barcelona, Spain.
- Marcus Waters 2013, Paul & Ally: “Guess who is coming to dinner”, Australian Association of Writing Programs, Australia. (Q1_3 - Original Creative Works (Textual work) - Major Research)
- Marcus Waters 2013, Portfolio: Contemporary Indigenous Dreamings, Destiny Publications, Sydney, NSW, Australia. (Q1_3 - Original Creative Works (Textual work) - Major Research)
- 2011 M. Waters, 'NAIDOC 2011: Waalun buwarr biiba (A personal note...)', in Southerly, vol.71, no.2, Brandl & Schlesinger, Sydney
- 1994 M. Waters, 'Murri Academic looks back at University Experience: Land Rights News', Foundation for Aboriginal and Islander Research Action, 27(18)
- 1993 M. Waters, 'Indigenous Peoples Supplement: Utopia'. QUT Students Guild, 25(3)
- 2014 Conference Presentation: W. E. B. Du Bois vs Marcus Garvey, Law vs Lore and Academy vs Community: who got it right? A Kamilaroi Aboriginal First Australian Nation perspective 100 years, The Sixth Charles Town International Maroon Conference: Maroons, Indigenous Peoples, and Indigeneity. 20-23 June, 2014 Asafu Yard, Charles Town, Portland, Jamaica
- 2013 Conference Presentation: Autobiographical Ethnicity, 38th Caribbean Studies Association (CSA) Grenada, 3 - 7 June 2013, Grenada Grand Beach Resort
- 2012 Symposium Presentation: Autobiographical Ethnicity (Gamilaroi Winnunguldah), Creative Communities Griffith University. Crowne Plaza, Surfers Paradise, Queensland.
- 2012 Symposium Presentation: The Legacy of Tindale, Photography and the Politics of Anthropology and Native Title, Queensland State Library South Brisbane, Queensland.
Refereed conference papers
- 2008 M. Waters , '“Contemporary Urban Indigenous ‘Dreamings’: Connection, Ceremony and Practice”', in Indigenous Studies Indigenous Knowledges: “Contemporary Urban Indigenous ‘Dreamings’, UTAS, Hobart, University of Tasmania.
- 2008 M. Waters, '“Contemporary Urban Indigenous ‘Dreaming’', in “Contemporary Urban Indigenous ‘Dreamings’:Connection, Ceremony and Practice': Aesopic Voices Reframing the Truth in Twenty-Century Folklore, Fairy tales and Fables. University of Melbourne, Melbourne.
- 1999 M. Waters 'Your ideas, our support DPI working with rural Communities: Driving their own Future'. Value management and Managing Values; 1999 IPAA State Conference; Institute of Public Affairs, Brisbane.
Original creative works
- 2014 Marcus Waters, Our greatest concern is creating Unity, Destiny Publications, Sydney, NSW, Australia.
- 2014 M. Waters, Pearson’s grip on Indigenous policy is not backed by evidence, The Conversation Media Trust, Melbourne, Australia.
- 2014 Marcus Waters, Four more deaths in custody and not one headline but burn the Australian flag and there’s National Outrage, Destiny Productions, Sydney, NSW, Australia.
- 2013 Marcus Waters, Bradley Manning: a lesson to us all we have reached a crossroad, Destiny Publications, Sydney, NSW, Australia.
- 2013 M. Waters, Review: Pilger’s Utopia shows us Aboriginal Australia in 2014, The Conversation Media Trust, Melbourne, Australia.
- 2013 Marcus Waters, Wun ga-li walaaybaa nhama maran: the return home of our ancestors, Destiny Productions, Sydney, NSW, Australia.
- 2010 M Waters, Kick Up Dust (aka Foreclosure - working title), Dungog Film Festival, Dungog, NSW Australia.
- 2006 M.Waters, 10 minute short Film 'The Walk': Script Writer'. Q-Pix, Pacific Film and Television.
- 2006 M.Waters, 10 minute short Film 'Dead-Line: Executive Producer'. GUMURRII Centre Griffith Film School.
- 2005 M.Waters, 10 minute short Film 'FUSE: Scriptwriter'. Australian Film Television and Radio School.
- 2005 M.Waters, 10 minute short Film 'To Little Justice: Scriptwriter'. Australian Film Television and radio School.
- 2000 M.Waters, '2pac running with the Pac: author Rap discussion commissioned'. Centenary of Federation for publication on the Internet
- 2000 M. Waters, 'Where from you Come? Author Live Play produced by Kooemba Jdarra Theatre Company; La Boite, Brisbane.