B Arts, M Arts, PhD
- Macrosociology, Social Network Analysis
- International studies, Business elites
- Corporate governance, Economic sociology
- Youth studies international databases for this work.
- Corporate Governance and Ethics.
- Competition policy and economic governance in Australia.
- Gavin Nicholson, Malcolm Alexander and Geoff Kiel, Defining the Social Capital of the Board of Directors: An Exploratory Study Journal of the Australian and New Zealand Academy of Management (JANZAM), 10 (1), 2004, pp. 54-72.
- Robins, Garry (Psychology, Uni Melbourne), and Malcolm Alexander Small worlds among interlocking directors: Network structure and distance in bipartite graphs , Computational and Mathematical Organization Theory Computational & Mathematical Organization Theory Vol. 10 (1): May 2004, pp. 69-94.
- Malcolm Alexander, Boardroom networks among Australian company directors, 1976 and 1996: The impact of investor capitalism, Journal of Sociology, 39 (3), 2003, pp. 231-51.
- Carroll, William K. and M. Alexander, "Finance Capital and Capitalist Class Integration in the 1990s: Networks of Interlocking Directorships in Canada and Australia", Canadian Review of Sociology and Anthropology, 36(3), August 1999: 331-350.
- Alexander, Malcolm, "Big Business and directorship networks: the centralisation of economic power in Australia", Journal of Sociology (formerly Australian and New Zealand Journal of Sociology), 34(2), August 1998: 107-122.