B Arts (Hons), Dip Ed, MEdSt, PhD
- Japanese as a second language
- Sociocultural approach in Education
- Collaborative learning, group work in Language class
- Use of multimedia material in language teaching
Current teaching areas
- Japanese language
- (1999) Katayama, K. Japanese Language and Culture Learning Environments: Good Classes and Bad Classes. Australian Journal of Applied Linguistics Vol. 1, 1-3, (5-18).
- (2001) Visual Japanese CDROM Package, developed for the students in the Japanese course at Grifith University, Gold Coast Campus and external users.
- (2003) Japanese Formal Language CDROM Package developed for advanced-level students at Grifith University, Gold Coast Campus, both in class and for self-study in a flexible self-access mode for reinforcement of learning and external users.