B Arts (Hons), M Arts, PhD, GCert Higher Education, M Higher Education
Associate Professor, School of Humanities, Languages and Social Science
- Nineteenth and early twentieth century English literature and cultural history
- Nineteenth and early twentieth century English newspaper and periodical history
- Englishness, English national identities
- Nineteenth century English biography
Current teaching areas
- Newspaper history
- Literary Studies
- 2009 Australian Learning and Teaching Council Citation for Outstanding Contributions to Student Learning
- 2007 Griffith University Faculty of Arts Citation for Outstanding Teaching.
- Macleod, Jock, and David Ellison (2014). "Pacific Crossings: Oceania and the Circulation of Literature in the 19th Century". Literature Compass. 11.5: 305–311.
- Macleod, Jock, and Susanna Chamberlain (2012). "Practical idealism: social enterprise as work-integrated learning across the humanities". Asia-Pacific Journal of Co-operative Education. 13.4: 195-206.
- Macleod, Jock, and Susanna Chamberlain (2011) "Making Arts Work", WACE World Conference Proceedings.
- Literature, Journalism, and the Vocabularies of Liberalism: Politics and Letters, 1886-1916 (London: Palgrave Macmillan, 2013)
- "Reviewing Value: Literary Journalism and Advanced Liberalism at the Turn of the Century", Nineteenth-Century Contexts, 31.4 (2009).
- "Between Culture and Politics: Liberal Journalism and Literary Cultural Discourse at the Fin de Siecle", English Literature in Transition, 51.1 (2008), 1-18.
- "Split Ends? Literature and Politics at the Fin de Siecle", Victorian Literature and Culture, 35 (2007), 697-709.
- 'Across the Great Divide: New liberalism, journalism and majority culture', Australasian Victorian Studies Journal, 6, 2000: 68-83.
- 'Action Man: Englishness in Macmillan's English Men of Action Series' Australasian Victorian Studies Journal, 3(1), 1997: 38-51.
- With Patrick Buckridge and Pamela Murray, Reading Professional Identities: The Boomers and their Books (Brisbane: ICPS: 1995).
- "Writing as Paradox in Rilke's Notebooks of Malte Laurids Brigge", Modern Fiction Studies, 38.2 (1992), 403-426.
- With Patrick Buckridge (eds), Books and Reading in Australian Society (Brisbane: ICPS, 1992).
- "Misreading Writing: Rousseau, Byron and Childe Harold III", Comparative Literature, 48.3 (1991), 260-279.
- 2013 "Media-based Approaches to teaching Nineteenth-century Fiction", Southern Denmark University - Griffith University Collaborative Grants.
- 2009 "Trialling and Developing a Feed-forward Approach to Assessment in the Faculty of Arts", Griffith Grants for Learning and Teaching.
- 2008 "Realising the Value of the BA", Griffith Grants for Learning and Teaching.