B Arts Hons, PhD
Lecturer, School of Humanities, Languages and Social Science
- Popular Music Studies
- Film History and Aesthetics
Current teaching areas
- Film Studies
- “Elvis Goes to Hollywood: Authenticity, Resistance Commodification and the Mainstream” in Rethinking Mainstream Popular Music (eds. Andy Bennett, Jodie Taylor and Sarah Baker). 2013 pp. 89-101
- “Feedforward Strategies in the first-year experience of online and distributed learning environments” Assessment and Evaluation in Higher Education, Volume 37, Issue 5, pp 1-11; 2012 (with Danielle Zuvela)
- “Seduced and Abandoned: Lesbian Vampires on Screen 1968-1974” Continuum, Volume 26, Issue 04, 2012 pp 553-563
- "Seeing is Believing: Detective and Romance in Rear Window", Screen Education 51 Spring 2008, 125-130.
- 'I'm Glad I'm Not Me!' Marking Transitivity in 'Don't Look Back' Screening the Past (electronic journal) (2005) Vol 18.
- 'Rock Rebels and Delinquents: the Emergence of the Rock Rebel in 1950s "Youth Problem Films" ' (2005) Continuum Vol 19 No 1 March pp39-54.
- 'It Looks Like a Book: Review Article on Toby Miller: Technologies of Truth', Southern Review vol 33 no 1 (2000) pp 96-105.
- 'High Culture, Common Culture and Popular Culture: The View From Down Under', Southern Review vol 32 no 2 (1999) pp 225-247.
- 'Eventually: Literature and Puzzles in John Frow's Time and Commodity Culture', Southern Review vol 31 no 3 (1998) pp 351-361.
- “Foucault’s Gift” Culture and Policy, Vol 8. No. 3 1997 pp. 177-194