The School of Humanities, Languages and Social Science proudly hosts world-class researchers in a diverse range of specialist fields. We are internationally renowned for our strengths in Chinese governance and the criminal justice system, Australian media and journalistic practice, Australian and international rock art, cultural sociology, transnational histories and Islamic studies.
Our staff are members of various research institutes, centres and networks including:
- Griffith Centre for Social and Cultural Research
- Place, Evolution and Rock Art Heritage Unit
- Safety Science Innovation Lab
- Griffith Centre for Creative Arts Research
- Griffith Institute for Educational Research
- Harry Gentle Research Centre
Research papers and resources
- Natural Semantic Metalanguage
- Griffith Working Papers in Pragmatics and Intercultural Communications
HDR qualifications are available by undertaking the Master of Arts Research, Master of Philosophy (MPhil) or the Doctor of Philosophy (PhD).
These programs provide excellent support to help candidates develop their research skills and expertise.
Please see the Griffith Graduate Research School website for detailed information on how to apply.