Language Teachers’ Forum 2017
- Date: Thursday 23rd March 2017
- Time: 4:30pm to 6:00pm
- Where: S02_7.16 Webb Centre Boardroom, Southbank campus
- RSVP: Nadine Savage
Griffith University’s School of Humanites, Languages and Social Science (HLSS) and the Modern Language Teachers’ Association of Queensland Inc. (MLTAQ) invite you to the Language Teachers’ Forum for 2017. This year all forums will be held on Thursday afternoons.
The aim of the forum is to bring together language teachers and researchers and others interested in language teaching, for some great discussions on new ideas and directions. It is also a great way for current teachers to earn hours towards the PD requirements of the Qld. College of Teachers.
Our next speakers are:
- Robyn Whiting, Manager, Policy and Resource Development, K-12 Resources Branch
- Lisa Bottomley, Manager, English and Languages Learning Area, Review and Transition Branch
- Tammy Duncalfe, Principal Education Officer – Asian Languages, Review and Transition Branch from the Queensland Curriculum and Assessment Authority. Tammy is the Principal Education Officer for Asian and Classical Languages. This presentation will encompass what’s new in ACARA and a range of areas on the current landscape of languages and the future.
A dinner in South Bank will follow the meeting for those interested.
Note there are two Griffith campuses at South Bank. S02 “Webb Centre” is part of the Qld. College of Art, near the South Bank busway and rail stations (not the Conservatorium of Music nearer South Brisbane station). For buses or trains to South Bank see Translink. For parking map see Southbank campus
Option for teachers in regional areas - Virtual Language Teachers' Forum: Please join my meeting from your computer, tablet or smartphone. https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/171659837
You can also dial in using your phone.
Australia: +61 2 8355 1040
Access Code: 171-659-837
First GoToMeeting? Try a test session: http://help.citrix.com/getready
Dateclaimers: Future dates for LTFs in 2017: Thursdays 11 May, 08 June, 10 August, 12 October, 16 November.
What is the Language Teachers' Forum?
A monthly forum for language teachers and researchers, to share new ideas and directions.
- You get 2 Professional Development Points for attending.
- A social dinner follows each forum, so you can network with others.
- We work in partnership with the Modern Language Teachers Association of Queensland
Watch past forums
The Webb Centre (S02), located near the Shipp Inn and Goodwill Bridge, is housed in the Queensland College of Art precinct.
Only a 10-minute walk from the Brisbane CBD, the venue is also close to a number of public transport options including Qld Rail and Brisbane City Council Buses.