The GGRS HDR Induction Program
The Griffith Graduate Research School's (GGRS) Higher Degree by Research (HDR) Induction Program is an opportunity to hear about Griffith's research support services, learn important information about your degree requirements, and to meet other HDR candidates.
The GGRS HDR Induction Program is comprised of a:
- Welcome and Induction session (held in the morning)
- Networking lunch (optional)
- Responsible Research session (held in the afternoon)
As the Welcome and Induction session and the Responsible Research session each have their own registration process you may choose to attend both on the same day or attend the separate sessions on different days.
Important points to note about the GGRS HDR Induction Program:
- It is compulsory for all commencing HDR candidates to complete the Induction Program within the first six months of candidature - this includes PhD, Professional Doctorate, and Masters by Research candidates.
- The HDR Induction Program is conducted on campus (at both Nathan and Gold Coast) in a face-to-face format.
- To have your attendance recorded you will need to be present for the entirety of the session(s) you are attending. Those who arrive late and/or leave early for a session will be required to attend the session again at a later date.
Candidates must register separately for the HDR Welcome and Induction session, and Responsible Research session. Invitations will be sent by email, including a link to register for each workshop. If you did not receive an invitation, and need to attend, please email RED@griffith.edu.au
The Induction Program occurs four times per year, approximately one-two weeks after each intake commencement date. Registrations open approximately four weeks prior to each event.
|Intake||Commencement Date||GGRS HDR Induction Program Dates|
|Intake 1||Wednesday 15 February 2017||
Tuesday 21 February 2017 (Gold Coast)
|Intake 2||Monday 24 April 2017||
Wednesday 3 May 2017 (Nathan)
|Intake 3||Monday 3 July 2017||
Wednesday 12 July 2017 (Nathan)
|Intake 4||Monday 16 October 2017||
Tuesday 24 October 2017 (Gold Coast)
The program and registration links for the next sessions of the GGRS HDR Induction Program can be accessed here.
Completion of the GGRS HDR Induction Program
If you have already attended the GGRS HDR Induction Program you can check your attendance record at: myGriffith > My research> My candidate centre > Additional Requirements Info.
Please allow two weeks after your attendance at the Induction Program for your record to be updated.
If you believe your record is incorrect please email email@example.com and provide the date on which you attended and list the campus where you attended.
Notice about the HDR Induction Online Quiz
Please note that as of 3 February 2016 the HDR Induction Online Quiz is no longer a mandatory component of the GGRS HDR Induction Program and is not required to be completed. Successful completion of the GGRS HDR Induction Program is now solely dependent on attending the two face-to-face sessions listed above. If you have already completed the GGRS HDR Induction Online Quiz please keep a copy of the completion certificate for your own records.