About the scholarship
The Publication Assistance Scholarship Scheme (PAS) provides support for higher degree research candidates who have submitted their thesis and wish to write up their research and submit for publication whilst they await the result of their examination. This scheme is designed to encourage candidates to disseminate their research findings through quality publications.
There are four competitive application rounds per year. Applicants are required to apply in the round which coincides with their thesis submission/intended thesis submission date.
The Dean, Griffith Graduate Research School, meets with a panel of the university's Deans (Research) to determine the awardees. The scholarships will be awarded to the nominated candidates who, in the opinion of the panel, best meet the criteria as specified in the Conditions of Award (see Conditions of Award below).
Scholarship value and duration
The rate for the scholarship will be at the Research Training Program Stipend rate at the time of payment, for the awarded tenure (maximum 10 weeks). The scholarship is funded by the Griffith Graduate Research School. In the event that the candidate does not submit the publication by the scholarship expiry date, 50% of the scholarship value will be borne by the candidate's Element or Group.
Scholarships will be available only to those who:
- were enrolled in a higher degree doctoral research program at Griffith University.
- have submitted their thesis or have an approved intended submission date (via the Notice of Intention to Submit Thesis Form). The scholarship must commence within four weeks of the thesis submission date.
- are able to devote sufficient time to writing up the publication for the duration of the scholarship (equivalent to full-time enrolment); and
- where submission of the thesis has occurred/will occur within three and a half years full-time equivalent (FTE) enrolment; and
- where the publication rule for thesis submission has been met.
Candidates who submit their thesis under the lapsed candidature regulations, or have previously been in receipt of a Completion Assistance Postgraduate Research Scholarship (CAPRS) are ineligible.
There are four competitive application rounds per year. Applications must be submitted with supporting documentation and appropriate signatures (Principal Supervisor, HDR Convenor, and Head of Element/Financial Delegate) by the following deadlines:
- Round 1, 2018 applications will close on 2 February 2018 (for commencement between 1 March and 31 May 2018)
- Round 2, 2018 applications will close on 4 May 2018 (for commencement between 1 June and 31 August 2018)
- Round 3, 2018 applications will close on 3 August 2018 (for commencement between 1 September and 30 November 2018
- Round 4, 2018 applications will close on 2 November 2018 (for commencement between 1 December 2018 and 28 February 2019)
How to apply
Higher degree research candidates wishing to apply for the Publication Assistance Scholarship Scheme should complete and submit the application form (with supporting documentation and signatures from their principal supervisor, HDR Convenor and Head of Element/Financial Delegate) via myGriffith, My Research, My Candidate Centre. Incomplete or late applications will not be accepted.