Future students can find out more about studying:
Social work degrees at Griffith will prepare you for a wide range of career options.
You will be taught by expert staff with experience in all areas of the industry. Many of our lecturers have won Griffith awards for their outstanding teaching and are actively involved in service within the industry. You will also have the opportunity to undertake two high-quality professional field placements in government, non-government and the private sector agencies.
Social work involves understanding and providing necessary support for individuals of all ages in the family environment, workplace or community. Social work programs have 1000 hours of field placement experience. It covers a broad range of areas including:
- family, youth and child welfare services
- medical and health services
- disability services
- psychiatric and general mental health services
- juvenile and amily law courts
- aged care and disabilities
- income support and mediation
- refugee and Immigration
- international social work
- community development
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander services
As a graduate, you will be eligible for membership of the Australian Association of Social Workers
Undergraduate social work programs
Our four-year social work degree, offered at our Logan and Gold Coast campuses, is now also offered in distance education mode. This program has been designed to develop high-quality and ethically aware social work practitioners with competence in all core areas.
You will develop critical thinking skills grounded in the values and ethics of the profession – promoting social justice, diversity, equity, and a commitment to the rights and needs of the people with whom you work. Distance education students also need to attend on-campus intensive as per degree requirements.
- Bachelor of Social Work (1372) - Gold Coast campus
- Bachelor of Social Work (1282) - Logan campus
- Bachelor of Social Work (1372) - Distance Education
- Bachelor of Social Work With Honours (1416) - Gold Coast campus
- Bachelor of Social Work With Honours (1417) - Logan campus
Postgraduate social work programs
We have also developed a Master of Social Work program for students who have completed a degree a minimum 3 years undergraduate degree in a related field and who wish to pursue a career in social work. This program offers the flexibility of being available on-campus and off-campus. Distance education students also need to attend on-campus intensive as per degree requirements.
- Master of Social Work (5620) - Gold Coast campus
- Master of Social Work (5621) - External
- Master of Social Work (5622) - Logan campus
You also have the opportunity to complete a research higher degree.
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) (6001) - all campuses
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) by Publication (6002) - all campuses
- Master of Philosophy (MPhil) (5001) - all campuses
- Research Higher Degree Qualifying Program (5361) - all campuses