In partnership with the Community Resource Unit and Queenslanders with Disability Network, Griffith University has hosted a symposia series to provide updated information, share ideas, knowledge and experience in the lead up to the application of the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) in Queensland.
Each event was an opportunity to hear from and network with people with a disability, families, service providers, government and researchers in the sector.
Resources including presentations and transcripts from previous Griffith University NDIS events:
- 20 March 2017 - Walk the Talk: Realising the 2010-2020 National Disability Strategy and our human rights promises
- 23 November 2016 - Children with Complex Health Needs and Disability Getting NDIS ready.... reports from Townsville
- 11 October 2016 - NDIS and CALD communities: Aiming high for equitable access
- 8 August 2016 - Housing for people with disability: Let's take action
- 15 February 2016 - Housing for people with disability: a place to call home
- 9 November 2015 - Families with Children with disability and Health Professional working together with the NDIS in Queensland
- 24 August 2015 - Employment opportunities for people with disability: 'real jobs for real pay'
- 20 April 2015 - What does good support look like? 'Beyond qualifications and pay-rates'
- 8 December 2014 - Anti-discrimination Commission, Brisbane
- 10 & 11 June 2014 - Moving from what we know to where we need to be, Griffith University Logan campus
- 3 February 2014 - Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre