Children's Health Queensland
Hospital and Health Service
Upcoming eventsChildren with Complex Health Needs and Disability Getting NDIS Ready ... Reports from Townsville - Wednesday 23 November 2016
Griffith University is proud to partner with Children's Health Queensland Hospital and Health Service on it's tenth NDIS Symposium. It's a series that brings together a range of experts and people with lived experiences to discuss how families of children with disability and complex medical needs can work together with children's health services and others to optimise readiness for the National Disability Insurance Scheme.
Symposium #10 will explore:
- How health services for children with complex needs are getting ready for the NDIS?
- What Townsville families say about their experience.
- What paediatric communities can do to prepare for the NDIS.
- What families and those who work with children with additional health needs can do to get NDIS ready.
- Sue Tape growing with NDIS mind set and skill set
- Two families sharing their experience of the NDIS in Townsville
- Dr Theresa Carroll with how our health services are preparing
- Ellen Beaumont what professional can do to get ready for the NDIS.
More information and registrations available on event website.