Future students can find out more about studying:
Griffith has drawn together a multidisciplinary team of human services lecturers from diverse professional and practice backgrounds:
- family and community
- working with older people
- disability studies
- Indigenous practice
- social work
- early childhood.
Our three-year human services degree, offered at both our Logan and Gold Coast campuses and now online by distance education, focus address on the political, social, cultural and economic aspects of human service organisations throughout Australia.
- What you need to know about studying human services online by distance education
This will then give you the skills to work in fields which address equity, social justice, interdependence and human rights for people adversely affected by social, economic and cultural change.
You will be taught in an environment which encourages high academic standards alongside knowledge of real-world practice in a wide range of human services fields, acquiring intervention skills and an understanding of ethics and professional practice. You will also gain hands-on experience through external projects and a professional placement.
If you’re interested in the role human services plays within Australia's legal and social systems you can combine your degree with a Bachelor of Criminology and Criminal Justice.
As a graduate you'll be eligible for membership with the Australian Community Workers Association (ACWA).
Human services degree programs
- Bachelor of Human Services (1098) - Logan campus
- Bachelor of Human Services (1394) - Gold Coast campus or external
- Bachelor of Human Services/ Bachelor of Criminology and Criminal Justice (1263) - Logan campus or external
- Bachelor of Human Services with Honours (2092) - Gold Coast or Logan campus
We also offer a wide range of postgraduate programs which aim to give human services professionals the qualifications they need to further their skills and open new career paths.
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) (6001) - all campuses
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) by Publication (6002) - all campuses
- Master of Philosophy (MPhil) (5001) - all campuses
- Research Higher Degree Qualifying Program (5361) - all campuses
Connect with us
Follow our school on:
Check out our latest publications and social forums at Podsocs