Future students can find out more about studying:
Our child and family studies degree will prepare you to make a difference in the lives of children and families.
You will develop the understanding, knowledge and skills required for senior positions in the provision of human services for children and their families. Your degree will include studies in the areas of:
- early intervention and prevention
- promoting children's health and well being
- development and learning
- family studies and child protection
- ethics and professional studies.
Throughout the child and family studies degree you will explore:
- the changing conditions of children's lives in Australia within the care, education, health, legal and social welfare context, focusing on policies and practice
- children's socio-economic and physical environments
- the international context for children and ways to incorporate children's voices and protect their well-being within these contexts
- specific skills for undertaking a leadership approach to advocacy and the means of managing and developing such skills.
Undergraduate child and family studies degrees
- Bachelor of Child and Family Studies (1095) - Gold Coast, Logan or Distance Education
- Bachelor of Child and Family Studies with Honours (2093) - Logan campus
Study online by distance education
As a graduate you'll be eligible for:
- accreditation by the Early Childhood Education and Care (Queensland)
- membership with the Australian Community Workers Association
Postgraduate child and family studies degrees
- Graduate Certificate in Human Services (3272) - Online
- Master of Human Services (5604) - Distance Education
- Master of Social Work (5620) Gold Coast campus
- Master of Social Work (5621) - Distance Education
- Master of Social Work (5622) - Logan campus
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) (6001) - all campuses
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) by Publication (6002) - all campuses
- Master of Philosophy (MPhil) (5001) - all campuses
- Research Higher Degree Qualifying Program (5361) - all campuses
YouTube: Griffith Health YouTube
Check out our latest publications and social forums at podsocs.