- Personality and performance, especially academic performance and non-formal, workplace performance.
- Learning & development, including training, organisational learning, and performance feedback management.
Current teaching areas
- Change Management; Learning & Development; Psychological Assessment.
Refereed Journal Articles:
- Refereed Journal Articles Poropat, A. E. (in press). The Eysenckian Personality Factors and their Correlations with Academic Performance. British Journal of Educational Psychology.
- Poropat, A. E. (2010). Further implications of personality and behavioural control.European Journal of Personality, 24(5), 418-420.
- Poropat, A. E. (2010). The validity of the Performance Environment Perception Scales: Environmental predictors of citizenship performance. Journal of Management & Organization, 16(1), 180-190.
- Poropat, A. E., & Jones, L. (2009). Development and validation of a unifactorial measure of Citizenship Performance. Journal of Occupational and Organizational Psychology, 82(4), 851-869.
- Poropat, A. E. (2009). A meta-analysis of the five-factor model of personality and academic performance.Psychological Bulletin, 135(2), 322–338.
- Reardon, M., Sanzogni, L., & Poropat, A. (2006). Towards a rhizomatic method for knowledge management. International Journal of Knowledge, Culture and Change Management, 5(5), 159-168.
- Sanzogni, L., & Poropat, A. (2006). Mobile wireless technology enhanced workforce: A case study. International Journal of Knowledge, Culture and Change Management, 5(2), 65-74.
- Poropat, A. E. (2002). Apples and oranges: Incommensurable paradigms and implications for teaching organisational development. Organization Development Journal, 20(3), 74-87.
- Poropat, A. E. (2002). The relationship between attributional style, gender and the five-factor model of personality. Personality and Individual Differences, 33, 1185-1201.
- Sheehan, M., Poropat, A. E., Lewis, D., & Brooks, S. (Eds.). (2002). Proceedings of the 20th Anniversary Standing Conference on Organisational Symbolism Speed: Research and Representation in the Age of Instantaneous Organisation. Pontypridd, Wales: The Business School, University of Glamorgan.
- Poropat, A. E. & Carlopio, J. (2001).Developing Management Skills: Instructor’s Manual (2nd Edition). South Melbourne: Prentice-Hall.
- Poropat, A. E. & Carlopio, J. (1998). Developing Management Skills in Australia: Instructor’s Manual (1st Edition). South Melbourne: Addison-Wesley-Longman.
- Huish, K., & Poropat, A. (2008). Coping with error in the workplace. In S. Boag (Ed.), Personality down-under: Perspectives from Australia. New York: Nova Science Publishers.
Refereed Conference Papers:
- Poropat, A. E., & Kellett, J. (2006). Buddhism and TQM: An alternative explanation of Japan’s adoption of Total Quality Management. In Proceedings of the 20th ANZAM Conference, Australian and New Zealand Academy of Management, Yeppoon.
- Poropat, A. E. (2003).Stage theories of small business entrepreneurship: A critical review and recommendations for research. Presented at The Australian And New Zealand Academy Of Management Conference, Fremantle, Western Australia: December 2-5, 2003.
- Poropat, A. E. (2002). Hastening Slowly: Speed limits on organisational decisions. In Proceedings of the 20th Aniversary Standing Conference on Organisational Symbolism. The Business School, University of Glamorgan: Pontypridd, Wales.
- Poropat, A. E. (2002). New models of work performance and their implications for employment relations. .In Proceedings of the Tenth Annual Conference of the International Employment Relations Association. Sydney: International Employment Relations Association, University of Technology.
- Poropat, A. E. (2002). When good guys come first: An examination of the relationship between citizenship and task performance in an academic setting. In Proceedings of the 10th Annual International Conference on Post Compulsory Education and Training. Brisbane: Australian Academic Press Pty Ltd.
- Kerr, D., Poropat, A. E. & Sanzogni, L. (2001). Factors influencing the adoption of decision support systems in farming. In Sixth Asia-Pacific Decision Sciences Institute Conference Proceedings. Singapore: Asia-Pacific Decision Sciences Institute.
- Poropat, A. E. (2000). Comparing Apples with oranges: Teaching and the issue of incommensurability in organisational studies. Presented at the Transcending Boundaries: Integrating people, processes and systems conference, Brisbane: Griffith University.
- Arthur Poropat (2000). Emotional stability and attributional style: Relationship and implications for research and practice. Presented at the Transcending Boundaries: Integrating people, processes and systems conference. Brisbane: Griffith University.
- Poropat, A. E. (1999). The nature and value of personality for predicting performance. In Organisations Looking Ahead: Challenges and Directions. Brisbane: School of Organisational Behaviour and Human Resource Management, Griffith University.