Fit For Placement Office
For enquiries about your mandatory placement requirements. Office hours - 7am to 4pm Monday to Friday.
School of Allied Health Sciences
For enquiries about your placement.
Fit for placement checklist
Please submit the following required documentation to the Fit for Placement Office by logging into SONIA and clicking on the Checks page. Follow the How to Submit a Pre-Requisite Placement Document or watch the video.
Note: You will be unable to attend placements if you do not submit your documentation on time, and subsequently you may not be able to complete your degree program requirements in the usual time.
Licenses and certificates
National police check certificate
National police check certificates are valid for 3 years. Applications can take up to 4 weeks to process.
NB: Police Checks from an Australian Criminal Intelligence Commission (ACIC) accredited organisation are not accepted.
- National Police Check Fact Sheet (PDF 126kb)
- Australian Capital Territory
- New South Wales
- Northern Territory
- South Australia
- Western Australia
Citizens or permanent residents of a country other than Australia after the age of 16, are required to submit:
- National police check certificate from your country, OR
- Statutory declaration (DOC 42kb) stating that you have never, in Australia or another country, been convicted of murder or sexual assault, or convicted of, and sentenced to imprisonment for, any other form of assault.
- National Police Check issued by the Australian Federal Police (AFP)
If you have a criminal history
Where you declare that you have a criminal history further investigations are made and assessed according to the National Board's Criminal History Registrations Standards.
Working with Children Check
You should apply for the relevant working with children check from the state where your preferred placement is.
Griffith University Student Undertaking
All Griffith Health students who undertake placement must complete the Griffith University Student Undertaking before commencing their first placement. This Undertaking will govern your behaviour and activities whilst you are on placement.
The Undertaking will continue for the duration of your degree program. You may withdraw the consent that you have provided through the Undertaking at any time by providing written notice to the University. A withdrawal of consent will affect your ability to continue with your required placements.
The Undertaking is located on SONIA Online under the Forms tab. Please see Fact Sheet for directions on how to complete the Undertaking.
Health and safety
Work integrated Learning (WIL) Health and Safety Module Online training
- Log in to Learning@Griffith
- Select the Organisations tab at the top of the screen
- Type in the Organisation search box "WIL Placement"
- Click "GO"
- Hover over EPS_WORK_PLACEMENT an options menu arrow will appear
- Click the arrow
- Click "enrol"
- Complete enrolment by clicking "Submit" and "OK"
- Review the induction module material and complete the Safety Quiz as per the instructions
You need to correctly answer a minimum of 7 questions out of 10 to achieve a pass. Print certificates as proof of having successfully completed this training.
If you have previously completed this module you do not have to do it again.
For assistance please contact: