Health development partnership
In 2008, Griffith University entered into a partnership agreement with Queensland Health (Gold Coast Health Service District) and Education Queensland to develop initiatives within designated high schools to promote health related studies and pathways to Griffith Health undergraduate programs to senior students.
- Integration of health courses within schools and the extension of health education initiatives to the schools and the community
- To provide a safe and supportive learning environment
- Enhance the learning experiences and outcomes of students
- Collaborate with schools, parents and the community
- Alleviate social and economic disadvantages in access to and successful completion of school education
- Promote health and well-being of students and the community
- Design and deliver a professional development programme for secondary school teachers, delivered by Griffith academics and health industry clinicians to build knowledge and skills among teachers around new developments in health, health education, and Griffith’s health activities.