Have you considered leadership coaching?
The Work and Organisational Resource Centre (WORC) at Griffith University is launching an exciting new program in leadership coaching for those in leadership and management positions.
What is leadership coaching?
Leadership coaching is an adaptive approach to professional development that aims to get the best out of individuals, teams and organisations in an evolving, dynamic and complex world. The Corporate Coaching program is:
- A one to one development conversation
- Dedicated to your individual learning needs
- An ongoing working relationship between coach and leader
- Focussing on your specific goals and challenges
- The opportunity to concentrate on building your specific leadership strengths
What does the Corporate Coaching Program involve?
The range of knowledge skills and abilities required to lead are extensive and varied, and the range of topics covered in the course will include:
- Knowing yourself as a leader
- Performance management and getting the best out of your people
- Dealing with and managing organisational change
- Communication, conflict management and having difficult conversations
- Building your self-confidence as a leader
- Building your effective networks
- Career coaching
- Work-life balance
The benefits of coaching
Coaching can be of benefit to anyone who wants to improve their leadership abilities and career options. leadership coaching is particularly useful to those who are currently in or would like to be in leadership positions, from team leaders through to CEO's. The coaching program is tailored to your specific learning goals to ensure you reach your potential.
Coaching has proven to have a range of positive influences including:
- Lower stress
- Greater feelings of competence and improved self-confidence
- Improved relationships with direct reports, managers and colleagues
- Improved organisational outcomes
- Greater career satisfaction
- Happy and more productive employees
Where - Griffith University Mt Gravatt campus. Coaching can be delivered either face to face or virtually over video conference.
When - The coaching program is offered throughout the year, register your interest now to find out when the next round of coaching sessions will be commencing.
Cost - The coaching package consists of 5 x 50min sessions, delivered fortnightly. Sessions can also include psychometric assessment to better tailor coaching to individual needs.
Coaches - The coaching program will be delivered by both registered and provisionally registered psychologists.