Our Professional Clinic has registered dentists, specialists/academics and dental prosthetists. All our practitioners are leading experts in their areas with international experience, offering the latest research and evidence-based practice. This means we will provide you the best service and care for you and your family.
What to expect on your first visit
- You will be booked for a consult with your chosen professional (fees apply, check under patient costs and fees).
- If an OPG X-ray is required (which is bulk-billed via Medicare), this can be arranged on the same appointment.
- When you present to reception, you will be asked to complete a registration form, which includes your medical history details, consent for treatment and financial consent.
Patient costs and fees
- Fees will apply for any appointments, including initial consults.
- The fee schedule is competitive with the private market.
- If you are a Griffith University student or staff, a Gold Coast University Hospital staff member, or have an eligible concession card, a 10% discount applies.
- If you plan to claim benefits with Medicare or private health funds
- You can claim these benefits when you are treated by most of our professional dentists
- However you cannot claim these benefits with some of our academic professionals, as they are registered with AHPRA under limited registration (University special registration for teaching and research purposes). As such although they can treat any patient, they cannot use the Medicare system, hence you cannot claim Medicare or private health funds when seen by these professionals. Please confirm with Reception if this applies to the professional you have been referred to.