How do I become a patient?
All patients are welcome, no referrals are needed to be seen at our clinic.
Initial appointments can be booked over the phone (1800 188 295) or in person. When contacting the clinic, please let our friendly reception team know your choice:
- Professional Clinic – reception will book an appointment with a registered dentist or a specialist/academic according to your needs.
- Student Clinic – reception will book you in for a screening appointment.
- Private patients - can be seen by students (at a significant price reduction) and professional dentists
- Private health funds - can only claim private health funds benefits when seen by professional dentists
- Queensland Health eligible patients - can only be seen by students, and have to present a valid card at every appointment. Treatment is usually at no charge for general dentistry, exceptions apply particularly for complex prosthetic work.
- Griffith University Staff and Students and Gold Coast University Hospital staff members - discounted fees will apply
Preparing for your first visit
Here are some recommendations to help you prepare for your first visit:
- Try to have a good night’s sleep prior to your visit.
- Arrive at least 10 minutes early.
- Avoid beverages with caffeine or sugar on the day of your visit.
- Study this website and write any questions down and bring them with you to your appointment.
- Write down your medical doctor’s details, as well as a list of medications you are currently taking.
- Bring referral letters (if applicable), x-rays and relevant pathology results with you.
- Bring your healthcare concession card if you have one, or your Griffith or Gold Coast University Hospital ID.
- Wear comfortable clothing.