Give your body the attention it deserves
Our highly experienced dietitian and nutritionist can help you with:
- Personalised nutrition and dietary advice
- Healthy eating for the whole family
- Weight management and maintenance strategies
- Child and adolescent health (including fussy eaters)
- Womens' and reproductive health from pregnancy through to menopause
- Nutrition for sports performance
- Life-stage health advice for children, adults and the elderly
- Nutrition for eating disorders
- Holistic approach to nutrition, immunology and physiology
Evidence-based dietary advice for the effective treatment and management of:
- Diabetes - type 1 and type 2
- Diabetes during pregnancy
- Heart disease (reducing cholesterol, blood pressure and lipids)
- Nutrition for cancer sufferers
- Food allergies and intolerances
- Gastrointestinal disorders and diseases such as IBS, IBD, coeliac, Crohn's disease
- Inflammation and autoimmune diseases
- Bowel symptoms such as constipation and incontinence
- Skin health - nutrition for conditions such as psoriasis, acne and rosacea
- Pregnancy and lactation
- Pelvic floor dysfunction
- Chronic disease management
As a client of our practice you will receive a comprehensive and personalised diet and lifestyle assessment as well as your own personalised nutrition program.
During your initial consultation you will also receive:
- nutritional education (diet-disease relationship) regarding your condition and diet
- educational resources
- a personalised nutrition related goals and support program to help you achieve your goals
- practical advice for healthy eating and food preparation.
Follow up sessions are essential to check progress and to develop further strategies for successful completion of goals being set.
A referral is not necessary although it may help your dietitian better understand your dietary needs and health background. Referrals may also be required to be eligible for certain rebates.
Services provided to individuals with chronic disease may be rebatable under the Medicare Chronic Disease Management Plan scheme.
Why choose Griffith?
- Accredited Practising Dietitian (APD)
- Personalised advice, care and support
- Evidence-based treatment programs
- Access to the latest research
- No referrals required - open to the public, Griffith University staff and students
- Concession cardholder and chronic disease management plan discounts
- Medicare and other rebates available (may only cover part of the full cost of a session, enquire within)
- HICAPS terminals for instant Private Health insurance rebates