Our clinician’s specialise in clinical exercise prescription, health education and the delivery of exercise-based lifestyle and behaviour modification programs for the prevention and management of chronic diseases and injuries.
Exercise Physiologists specialise in exercise prescription for individuals with:
- Neurological conditions
- Musculoskeletal conditions
- Metabolic conditions
- Cardiovascular disease
- Respiratory disease
A combination of individualised exercise or physical activity prescription and tailored motivational strategies to promote long-term behaviour change is also established.
What can an Exercise Physiologist provide?
- Screening and risk management of appropriate exercise and physical activity interventions.
- Assessment of 'movement' capacity in people of all levels of health, well-being or fitness.
- Health education, advice and support
- Physical activity advice and clinical exercise prescription for high-risk or with existing chronic health conditions.
Rehabilitation and advice for patients following the acute stage of injury, surgical intervention, or during recovery to restore functional capacity and well-being.
Physical activity, exercise testing and prescription are available to all members of the community including individuals with chronic disease (including heart disease, diabetes, and neuromuscular disease and injuries) and athletes.
Services provided to individuals with chronic disease can be rebatable under the Medicare Chronic Disease Management Plan scheme.
Individual consultations from $70.
Strength training, cardio and Pilates classes from $10.