AISRAP's WORLD SUICIDE PREVENTION DAY COMMUNITY FORUM
FRIDAY 8 SEPTEMBER 2017
An initiative of the International Association for Suicide Prevention (IASP) and the World Health Organization (WHO), the 15th Annual World Suicide Prevention Day occurs on Sunday, 10 September 2017. AISRAP is again contributing towards raising public awareness by hosting a 'World Suicide Prevention Day Community Forum' in Brisbane.
Since 2004, AISRAP has hosted and welcomed between 150-250 community members (both professionals in the field and those bereaved by suicide, or touched in some way by suicide) at this annual event. In line with the annual IASP WSPD theme, Take a minute, change a life AISRAP's forum will present expert speakers, and a lived experience panel, as well as display tables for stakeholder exhibitions throughout the day.
We invite you to join us for a day of insightful, motivating and meaningful discussion...
Date: Friday 8 September 2017
Venue: The Greek Club, 29 Edmondstone St, West End
Time: 8:30 am; concludes 4.15 pm
Cost: $60 plus GST
Registration Bursaries Available
We are pleased to advise that a limited number of bursaries are available - please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further information. Applications close Friday 1 Sept 2017.
- Mr Ivan Frkovic, Queensland Mental Health Commissioner
- Dr Peggy Brown, CEO, National Mental Health Commission
- Prof Sheena Reilly, Pro-Vice Chancellor (Health), Griffith University
- Prof David Crompton OAM, Director, Australian Institute for Suicide Research and Prevention
- Ms Cynthia Morton, Bestselling author, blogger, speaker and founder of the multi-award winning Emotional Fitness Program
- Mr Michael Burge OAM, Consumer Advocate/Wellness Warrior
- Mr Jorgen Gullestrup, CEO, Mates in Construction Queensland
- Ms Jill Fisher, Suicidologist, 2011 winner of International Association for Suicide Prevention Norman Farberow Award
- Mrs Jacinta Hawgood, Senior Lecturer, Program and Course Convenor for the Graduate Certificate in Suicide Prevention and Master of Suicidology Programs
All delegates will receive the new universal suicide prevention awareness ribbon
All delegates will receive the WSPD universal suicide prevention awareness ribbon at AISRAP's community forum.
On World Suicide Prevention Day (WSPD), 10 September 2016, the International Association for Suicide Prevention (IASP) launched a universal suicide prevention awareness ribbon. AISRAP shares their wish for the suicide prevention awareness ribbon to become globally recognisable, much like other ribbons for other worthwhile causes. Following research of ribbons and colours used to signify suicide prevention awareness around the world, yellow and orange were the two predominant colours used. In uniting behind a shared universal ribbon, we hope to increase awareness of suicide prevention further.
SPONSORSHIP OPPORTUNITIES AVAILABLE
We welcome your participation as a sponsor. Please download the sponsor pack here.