World Suicide Prevention Day, 10 September 2015
Greetings from Professor De Leo, AO
AISRAP will be hosting a Forum for World Suicide Prevention Day 2015 in Brisbane. Our event will be held on Thursday, 10 September 2015 at The Greek Club, 29 Edmondstone St, South Brisbane QLD 4101.
'Preventing Suicide: Reaching Out and Saving Lives' is the theme of the 2015 World Suicide Prevention Day (WSPD), an initiative of the International Association for Suicide Prevention (IASP) and the World Health Organization. Conceived by Professor Diego De Leo, WSPD has taken place on 10th September each year since 2003. It serves as a call to action to individuals and organisations to prevent suicide. This year, the theme encourages us all to consider the role that offering support may play in combating suicide.
We invite you to join us for a day of insightful, motivating and meaningful discussion...
Reaching out to those who have been bereaved by suicide
Reaching out to put people in touch with relevant services
Reaching out to the suicide prevention community
Reaching out on World Suicide Prevention Day
Please, reach out and save lives.
The cost for this event is:
- $45 (incl GST) for full day attendence (8:00am - 4:30pm, includes morning/afternoon tea and lunch)
- AND $10 (incl GST) for 'Get Connected' Networking Function following the event (5:30pm - 7:00pm, includes canapés, tea, coffee, juice. Cash bar provided)
- We are pleased to advise that a limited number of bursaries are available. Please contact email@example.com for further information.
Click here to access the full program!
Registration is now open
To register, click here. If you have not used GriffithPAY before, you will be prompted to create an account at checkout.
Guest Presenters include:
- The Hon. Cameron Dick MP, Queensland Minister for Health
- Professor Ned Pankhurst, Senior Deputy Vice Chancellor, Griffith University
- Professor Diego De Leo AO, Director, AISRAP & ideator of World Suicide Prevention Day
- Dr Lesley van Schoubroeck, Commissioner, Queensland Mental Health Commission
- Professor Harvey Whiteford, Professor of Psychiatry and Population Mental Health, University of Queensland
- Dr Alize Ferrari, Research Fellow, Queensland Centre for Mental Health Research
- Performance by Griffith A’Cappella Choir “Serotonin”, Directed by Choir Master Mr Jonathan Albertini
- Mr Terry Ryan, Queensland State Coroner
- Dr Kairi Kolves, Principal Research Fellow, AISRAP
- Mr Marc Bryant, Hunter Institute of Mental Health
- Mr Ian Stewart, Queensland Police Commissioner
- Mrs Jurgita Rimkeviciene, Phd Candidate, AISRAP
Lived Experience Panel Discussion
- Chaired by Mrs Jacinta Hawgood, Senior Lecturer
- Martina McGrath, Project Coordinator - Suicide Attempt Survivors Support Group (SASSG) - Pilot Project
- Ingrid Ozols, Managing Director, mentalhealth@work (mh@work).
- Kerrie Keepa, founder of SOS Fast, Survivors of Suicide Fighting Against Suicide Toll
- Mr Murray Hurst, QRL Welfare & Education Manager, National Rugby League
- Google Hangout live stream with On The Line
- Mr Mark McConville, CEO Comedy Unlimited, Living with Laughter
- Mr Nathan Blacklock, Former NRL Rugby player
- Mr Ian "Joe" Miller, Aborignal Mental Health Coordinator, Hunter New England Local Health District
- Leilani Darwin, headspace
Be a part of this event - see our sponsorship opportunities!
For more information, please contact Wendy - firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about local and international activities:
We would like to acknowledge the support of