Eligible candidates please submit your applications with CV to The Secretary, Academic Titles Committee. Applications can be made online or by emailing this completed application form together with a CV.
Submission of applications from medical professionals
Medical Interns, House Officers/Registrars, General Practitioners, Medical Specialists and other Registered Medical Practitioners who
- are employed in healthcare organisations that are recognised as participating Griffith University teaching organisations, and
- wish to contribute to teaching and/or research at the University,
will be guaranteed an offer of the following academic titles upon receipt by the University of a completed Academic Title Application Form:
- Medical Interns will be offered the title of Associate Lecturer for the duration of their Medical Internship appointment;
- House Officers/Registrars or equivalent who have completed PGY1 will be offered the title of Lecturer; and
- Other Registered Health Practitioners (for example a registered Nurse or Physiotherapist) will be offered the title of Lecturer; and
- General Practitioners who are either members of the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners or have significant professional experience in general practice, and Medical Specialists will be offered the title of Senior Lecturer; and
- Other Registered Health Practitioners who hold a postgraduate clinical qualification (for example a post-entry level or specialist clinical degree) or a full fellowship with a recognised Australian health professional body will be offered the title of Senior Lecturer.