Creating change in policy and communities for positive impact
Our School creates industry-ready change makers that have hands on experience and learn from experts with strong links to the health sector, government and community.
Our teachings are designed to develop high-level practitioners, with competence in all areas, capable of promoting social justice and equality.
HUMAN SERVICES SOCIAL WORK ASSOCIATION
- We endeavour to raise awareness of what human services and social work is all about,
- We aim to create engaging environments for networking through social activities,
- We strive to build students up by provide professional development opportunities and further ongoing support as they move forward into their career.
Outstanding Higher Degree Research Student
Conferred to an outstanding higher degree research student who demonstrates:
- Outstanding emerging ability in research;
- Publishing in academic peer reviewed publications;
- Tenacity and commitment to topic of study;
- Contributions to the field through innovative methods, conference presentations;
- Contributions to research community at Griffith, through participation in Three Minute Thesis competitions, workshops, conferences, peer support and engagement, team work.
Podsocs is an initiative of the School of Human Services and Social Work, Griffith University. We bring you up-to-the minute research, diverse and sometimes controversial perspectives on social phenomena and focus on knowledge and skills needed in the human services.