Welcome to the 2019 Australia - China Science, Technology, Commercialisation and Innovation Forum: Health and Medicine Session
Held at Chonqing University in China on the 21 - 24 January 2019 the Health and Medicine Session is being chaired by
- Jing Sun, Associate Professor, PhD (School of Medicine, Griffith University, Australia) 孙静，副教授，博士（格里菲斯大学医学院，澳大利亚）
- Xiao Xu, Professor and Associate Dean, MD & PhD (School of Medicine, Zhe Jiang University, China) 徐驍，教授，副院长、医学博士（浙江大学医学院，中国）
The advisory committee for the Health and Medicine Session is chaired by
- Professor Sheena Reilly (Pro Vice Chancellor (Health) Griffith University, Australia)
- Shu-Seng Zheng (Academician of Chinese Academy of Engineering, Vice President of China Medicine Association, Professor of School of Medicine, Zhe Jiang University, China)
and comprised of:
- David Ellwood, Professor, MD and PhD (Dean of School of Medicine, Griffith University, Australia)
- Lennert Veerman, Professor, MD and PhD (School of Medicine, Griffith University, Australia)
- Huimin Fan, Professor, MD and PhD (Shanghai East Hospital and School of Medicine, Tongji University, Shanghai, China)
- Zhan-Jiang Li, Professor, MD and PhD (Beijing Anding Hospital, National Key Laboratory of Mental Disorder, Capital Medical University, Beijing, China)
- Cheng-Hong Yin, Professor MD and PhD (Deputy Director in Research, Beijing Obstetrics and Gynaecology Hospital - 北京妇产医院)
In order to be considered for presentation, please submit an abstract.
The history of the forum
- Integrated health model development for chronic disease prevention and disease control
- Big data and health and medicine data registration
- E-health and prevention of chronic diseases and mental illness
- Immunity and cancer research
- Maternal-child health: pre-pregnancy care, prenatal, perinatal and post natal care, and prevention of birth defects
- Real world based research in Chinese medicine
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy and its efficacy in treatment of mental disorders and chronic disease
The inaugural China - Australia Science, Technology, Commercialisation and Innovation Forum was held in two sessions; Brisbane, Queensland 27 – 30 November 2016 and Perth, Western Australia 2 – 6 February 2017 respectively.
The Brisbane session was initiated and organised by the Queensland Chinese Association of Scientists and Engineers (QCASE) under the framework of the Memorandum of Understanding between the Queensland Government and Ministry of Science and Technology of the People’s Republic of China on science and technology cooperation. Nearly 300 representatives and experts from Chinese and Australian governments, enterprises and scientific institutions attended the Forum. The Hon Leeanne Enoch MP, Minister for Innovation, Science and the Digital Economy and Minister for Small Business, Queensland Government, and Dr Yongzhen Zhao, Consul General of the People’s Republic of China in Brisbane, attended the Forum and delivered welcome speeches. Fourteen Chinese and Australian academicians delivered a series of keynote speeches, including Prof Tieniu Tan, Academician and Vice President of Chinese Academy of Sciences, and Prof Ian Frazer AC, Fellow of the Australian Academy of Science, Fellow of the Australian Academy of Technological Sciences and Engineering, and recipient of Australian of the Year in 2006 and the Prime Ministers Prize for Science in 2008. Senior representatives of large enterprises such as Huawei Group and Rio Tinto delivered important speeches on technology innovation and China-Australia cooperation.
The Perth session was organised by the Western Australian Chinese Scientists Association, co-organized by Curtin University, University of Western Australia and Murdoch University, and supported by the Beijing University of Technology, Chongqing University, Hebei University of Technology, Jiangsu Academy of Agricultural Sciences, Curtin Business School, the Government of Western Australia, Perth City Council and Tianqi Lithium. Nearly 250 experts and scholars from China and Australia attended.
The Forum in Brisbane and Perth achieved significant results with a number of cooperation agreements signed and cooperative intentions agreed. The Forum was reported by important media, including CCTV Channel 4, Phoenix TV, People's Daily and People's Daily Online.
The 2019 Australia - China Science, Technology, Commercialisation and Innovation Forum will be held in Chongqing, China, 21 – 23 January 2019.
HOSTS AND ORGANISERS
Griffith University, Australia
Chinese Academy of Engineering (CAE), China
Chongqing University (CQU), China
Chongqing Academy of S&T for Development (CAST), China
Queensland Chinese Association of Scientists and Engineers (QCASE), Australia
Western Australian Chinese Scientists Association (WACSA), Australia
Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO), Australia
Organisers for Health and Medicine Session
Health Group, Griffith University, Australia
School of Medicine, Zhe Jiang University, China
School of Medicine and Shanghai East Hospital, Tong Ji University, Shanghai, China
Chong Qing University, China