Providing students with a greater understanding of the business world
The GriffithBUSINESS Ambassadors Program offers students their first real look at university life, whilst providing them with a greater understanding of social innovation and social enterprise through working with academic staff from Griffith University.
The program provides up to 10 exceptional students from each school, who have an interest in business as a career, the opportunity to become a Business Ambassador for their school. A number of workshops and activities, designed to develop students’ knowledge and introduce them to the university environment, are offered throughout the program. Nominated students may vary from workshop to workshop, with attendance based upon interest in each topic.
A Griffith lecturer hosts the day conducting a presentation on the topic. Following the presentation students complete an interactive activity, working with students from other schools to generate a response to the task. Students are also provided with information on degrees offered by Griffith that align with the topic, as well as additional information related to tertiary study options.
The program aims to develop social entrepreneurship, innovative skills and knowledge through connecting secondary schools with Griffith University. The Ambassadors Program provides a valuable educational setting where learning is relevant and real, working to create partnerships between teachers, academics and students in support of vibrant, connected and resilient communities.
Registrations for upcoming workshop opening soon!
- An introduction to university life
- Partnerships with the wider school community are recognised and valued
- Official recognition of being a selected Griffith Business School Ambassador
- Practical, hands-on approach to enterprise education
- Valuable Griffith graduate skills including working in teams, problem solving, effective communication (oral, written and interpersonal) and critical evaluation
- Development of generic skills which are imperative to the 21st Century workplace including team building skills, conflict management, negotiation skills, and ethical behaviour
- Increased confidence and initiative
- New insights into personal directions, interest and talents
- Opportunity to be involved in a positive learning activity
- Sense of achievement
- New social and professional networks
- Opportunity to be involved in the GriffithBUSINESS Year 12 Program to reduce transition issues between school and tertiary study therefore improving satisfaction and graduate outcomes
Ambassadors Workshop 3