Dr Kerry Bodle has been contributing to the ongoing development of research into First Peoples with the attraction of several research grants that have supported her work in areas including business failure, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander financial literacy, and business and education fields. Dr Bodle has been active within the tertiary Indigenous education sphere with the first Indigenous business course at Griffith University, which is particularly relevant given the Griffith Reconciliation Action Plan and Griffith 2020 model recognising the ongoing need to attract and retain First Peoples higher degree students. Dr Bodle’s contributions to knowledge have increasingly influenced industry professionals, government policy-makers and educators around Australia.
- Indigenous Business Failure
- Indigenous Cultural Intellectual Property
- Financial Literacy
- Digital Innovation in Accounting Education – ePortfolios and SPARKplus
- Self-employment pathway for Indigenous Australians through franchising
- Bankruptcy prediction modelling & Intangible Assets
- Cash flow versus accrual ratios in predicting corporate takeovers