Australians are obsessed with Scott Pape's Barefoot Investor but don't feel bad if it doesn't work for you
13 May 2019 | ABC News
Dr Tracey West and Dr Di Johnson shared their opinions towards Scott Pape's Barefoot Investor theory and also their tips on personal wealth management.
Alternative Investments Conference explores the finer points of a cash-free future
6 December 2018 | Griffith News
Some of the world’s best finance industry professionals and academics came together to exchange research and ideas at the 2018 Griffith Alternative Investments Conference in November. This day-long conference and dinner event drew on attendees’ broad expertise to discuss what is becoming an increasingly important part of investors’ portfolios.
Retirement: future-proofing your nest egg
1 December 2018 | CPA INTHEBLACK
Centre director Professor Robert Bianchi was interviewed by Mr Cameron Cooper from the CPA INTHEBLACK magazine for comments on Australian superannuation system.
Nobel laureate shares the knowledge at Griffith seminar
23 May 2018 | Griffith News
Acclaimed financial economist and Nobel laureate Dr Myron Scholes has imparted investment wisdom accrued over a decorated 50-year career at an event held in Brisbane by Griffith University and Janus Henderson Investors (JHI).
Government urged to address Indigenous retirement gap
16 January 2018 | SMSF Adviser
With Indigenous Australians retiring with 27 per cent less in super than the average worker, a not-for-profit organisation is lobbying the government to address the earnings gap between Indigenous and non-Indigenous workers.
Call for papers - Financial Planning Research Journal
Financial Planning Research Journal ("FPRJ") aims to publish original, scholarly peer reviewed articles from a wide variety of personal finance and investment disciplines including economics, finance, management, accounting, marketing and law that impinges on personal finance and investments. FPRJ is published by the Department of Accounting Finance and Economics, Griffith Business School, Griffith University, Australia and Financial Planning Association of Australia.
The FPRJ Editorial Board welcomes original, applied and topical articles on matters of interest to the financial advice community across Australia, New Zealand and Asia that will inform the practice and/or policy of the profession. Articles will be submitted to a double-blind review process and may be returned to authors with suggestions/comments for consideration and revision. The Editors will consult with authors as closely as possible about changes.
Authors should submit complete papers that do not exceed 5,000 words not including title page, abstract, tables, figures, charts, footnotes and reference list. The word count must be stated on title page. Papers should be original works that are not under review at another journal. Submit your manuscript to FPRJ.firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Griffith News, 30 June 2017 | Aussie retirement on agenda at symposium
- Griffith Business School, 9 May 2017 | Budget 2017 - Home affordability remains an issue
- Griffith News, 8 May 2017 | Griffith academic appointed to new financial ethics authority
- Griffith News, 20 March 2017 | Griffith CFA Challenge team finishes top three in Asia
- Griffith News, 20 December 2016 | Griffith links with global leader in alternative investments
- Australian Financial Review, 6 December 2016 | Warning on unlisted infrastructure: we know 'not much', academic says
- Griffith News, 2 December 2016 | Innovation rewarded with national teaching awards
- Australian Business Dean's Council Interim Review Outcome Released, 4 August 2016 (pdf 362kb)
- Griffith News, 18 April 2016 | Online Finance Program First in World to Gain CFA Recognition
- Griffith News, 18 April 2016 | "Comfortable Retirement" Remains Elusive for Indigenous Australians
- The Conversation, 7 April 2016 | Nudges, not legislation will drive people to save more for retirement
- Griffith News, 23 February 2016 | Candidates' Transport Visions Sell Voters Short
- The Conversation, 11 February 2016 | Indigenous Australians Retirement Savings Gap
- Griffith News, 17 November 2015 | Personal finance industry looks to the future
- The Conversation, 9 July 2015 | Living longer means it's time Australians embraced Annuities
- The Conversation, 7 April 2015 | Low interest rates set to stay, so what's the best investment course for retirees?
- Griffith News, 12 March 2015 | World recognition for new finance degrees
- Griffith News, 25 February 2015 | Trading room honours stockbroking pioneer
- Griffith News, 23 February 2015 | Quentin Bryce to open new trading room
- Investor Daily, 9 March 2014 | Soft skills training critical to best interests
- Griffith News, 23 January 2014 | Jewell of India award for Griffith researcher
- Griffith News, 17 January 2014 | 'Struggling' tax system under spotlight
- The Insto Report, 16 January 2014 | Government should provide infrastructure liquidity
- Griffith News, 9 December 2013 | Prestigious hat-trick for business graduate
- Wealth Professional, 6 November 2013 | Academics and practitioners collide
- Griffith News, 31 October | Business student into Bloomberg Hall of Fame
- Griffith News, 30 October | Symposium plans for financial future
- Griffith News, 15 October | Griffith named CFA champions
- Investor Daily, 23 September 2013 | MySuper's reporting focus drives wrong outcomes
- Investor Daily, 16 September 2013 | Soft skills training critical to best interests
- Investment Magazine, 2 September 2013 | Academics to optimise super
- Investor Daily, 5 August 2013 | Focus on fund returns puts investors at risk
- IFA, 5 August 2013 | New research shows value of advice
- Financial Standard Online, 31 July 2013 | Advisers warned: Take sequencing risk seriously
- Investor Daily, 8 July 2013 | Adviser education on the national agenda
- Wealth Professional, 13 June 2013 | Griffith to boost industry reputation
- news.com.au, 19 May 2013 | Delays put superannuation plan in jeopardy, says Association of Superannuation Funds of Australia
- Australian Banking and Finance, 14 May 2013 | Opinion: Switch the debate to retirement adequacy
- Money Management, 20 March 2013 | How to manage sequencing risk
- Money Management, 18 March 2013 | Griffith secures FPEC accreditation
- Business Spectator, 8 March 2013 | Investors crushed under dodgy infrastructure
Student Tax Clinics set to help vulnerable taxpayers
14 Mar 2019
Griffith is the only university in south-east Queensland to be part of a national trial program.
Alternative Investments Conference explores the finer points of a cash-free...
06 Dec 2018
The day-long event drew on attendees’ broad expertise to discuss what is becoming an increasingly...
Alumni awards highlight the best and brightest of Griffith Business
31 Jul 2018
The four individuals are in the running for overall awards to be bestowed in September.
Nobel laureate shares the knowledge at Griffith seminar
23 May 2018
Acclaimed financial economist Myron Scholes imparted his wisdom to academics and industry...