Maintaining financial health during a crisis
23 April 2020 | Griffith News
Griffith Business School lecturer Dr Tracey West believes now is the time to act to lessen any blow to a person’s financial position during COVID-19 and into the future.
Webinar: The Human Side of Crisis Management
21 April 2020 | MGD Wealth
Professor Michael Drew together with Ms Janine Walker and Hon. Bernie Ripoll delivered a webinar on 'The Human Side of Crisis Management'. This 45-minute webinar includes topics on how to frame a personal balance sheet as well as the role of financial resilience and financial freedom.
Webinar: Personal Financial Strategies for Times of Crisis
1 April 2020 | MGD Wealth
Professor Michael Drew together with Mr John Barton and Mr Richard Marsden delivered a webinar on ‘Personal Financial Strategies for Times of Crisis’. This 30-minute webinar provided some context to the discussion on the possible V-shaped and U-shaped paths (and risks) going forward and the importance of ‘mission clarity’ in designing investment strategy.
Top tax expert recognised with ATTA-Hill Medal
12 March 2020 | Griffith News
Professor Freudenberg was awarded the ATTA-Hill Medal in recognition of his outstanding contribution to tax policy and teaching in Australia. The medal is named after the late Justice Graham Hill – a highly respected contributor to the tax judiciary and tax education, who was also the first patron of the Australasian Tax Teachers Association (ATTA).
The Gender Card podcast - women's finances
21 November 2019 | The Gender Card
Dr Tracey West explains how her research has found the accumulation of wealth depends on our ability to make informed decisions on saving and investing.
Retirement in Australia - how much super do you need?
1 August 2019 | In the Black
Professor Robert Bianchi interviewed by the CPA members' magazine In the Black about comfortable retirement income in Australia.
Can't decide between a car or a house? These are some other financial goals to consider
21 June 2019 | ABC News
Dr Laura de Zwaan interviewed by ABC News about pros and cons of some major financial goals.
The trials of unpaid placements
22 May 2019 | The Australian
Dr Laura de Zwaan's research findings were cited by the Australian.
Australians are obsessed with Scott Pape's Barefoot Investor but don't feel bad if it doesn't work for you
13 May 2019 | ABC News
Dr Tracey West and Dr Di Johnson shared their opinions towards Scott Pape's Barefoot Investor theory and also their tips on personal wealth management.
Labor's super slug could cost high income earners $33,000
26 April 2019 | Australian Financial Review
Dr Laura de Zwaan's research findings were cited by the Australian Financial Review.
Call for papers - Financial Planning Research Journal
Financial Planning Research Journal ("FPRJ") aims to publish original, scholarly peer reviewed articles from a wide variety of personal finance and investment disciplines including economics, finance, management, accounting, marketing and law that impinges on personal finance and investments. FPRJ is published by the Department of Accounting Finance and Economics, Griffith Business School, Griffith University, Australia and Financial Planning Association of Australia.
The FPRJ Editorial Board welcomes original, applied and topical articles on matters of interest to the financial advice community across Australia, New Zealand and Asia that will inform the practice and/or policy of the profession. Articles will be submitted to a double-blind review process and may be returned to authors with suggestions/comments for consideration and revision. The Editors will consult with authors as closely as possible about changes.
Authors should submit complete papers that do not exceed 5,000 words not including title page, abstract, tables, figures, charts, footnotes and reference list. The word count must be stated on title page. Papers should be original works that are not under review at another journal. Submit your manuscript to FPRJ.email@example.com.
- Griffith News, 6 December 2018 | Alternative Investments Conference explores the finer points of a cash-free future
- CPA INTHEBLACK, 1 December 2018 | Retirement: future-proofing your nest egg
- Griffith News, 31 July 2018 | Alumni awards highlight the best and brightest of Griffith Business
- Griffith News, 23 May 2018 | Nobel laureate shares the knowledge at Griffith seminar
- SMSF Adviser, 16 January 2018 | Government urged to address Indigenous retirement gap
- Griffith News, 30 June 2017 | Aussie retirement on agenda at symposium
- Griffith Business School, 9 May 2017 | Budget 2017 - Home affordability remains an issue
- Griffith News, 8 May 2017 | Griffith academic appointed to new financial ethics authority
- Griffith News, 20 March 2017 | Griffith CFA Challenge team finishes top three in Asia
- Griffith News, 20 December 2016 | Griffith links with global leader in alternative investments
- Australian Financial Review, 6 December 2016 | Warning on unlisted infrastructure: we know 'not much', academic says
- Griffith News, 2 December 2016 | Innovation rewarded with national teaching awards
- Australian Business Dean's Council Interim Review Outcome Released, 4 August 2016 (pdf 362kb)
- Griffith News, 18 April 2016 | Online Finance Program First in World to Gain CFA Recognition
- Griffith News, 18 April 2016 | "Comfortable Retirement" Remains Elusive for Indigenous Australians
- The Conversation, 7 April 2016 | Nudges, not legislation will drive people to save more for retirement
- Griffith News, 23 February 2016 | Candidates' Transport Visions Sell Voters Short
- The Conversation, 11 February 2016 | Indigenous Australians Retirement Savings Gap
- Griffith News, 17 November 2015 | Personal finance industry looks to the future
- The Conversation, 9 July 2015 | Living longer means it's time Australians embraced Annuities
- The Conversation, 7 April 2015 | Low interest rates set to stay, so what's the best investment course for retirees?
- Griffith News, 12 March 2015 | World recognition for new finance degrees
- Griffith News, 25 February 2015 | Trading room honours stockbroking pioneer
- Griffith News, 23 February 2015 | Quentin Bryce to open new trading room
- Investor Daily, 9 March 2014 | Soft skills training critical to best interests
- Griffith News, 23 January 2014 | Jewell of India award for Griffith researcher
- Griffith News, 17 January 2014 | 'Struggling' tax system under spotlight
- The Insto Report, 16 January 2014 | Government should provide infrastructure liquidity
- Griffith News, 9 December 2013 | Prestigious hat-trick for business graduate
- Wealth Professional, 6 November 2013 | Academics and practitioners collide
- Griffith News, 31 October | Business student into Bloomberg Hall of Fame
- Griffith News, 30 October | Symposium plans for financial future
- Griffith News, 15 October | Griffith named CFA champions
- Investor Daily, 23 September 2013 | MySuper's reporting focus drives wrong outcomes
- Investor Daily, 16 September 2013 | Soft skills training critical to best interests
- Investment Magazine, 2 September 2013 | Academics to optimise super
- Investor Daily, 5 August 2013 | Focus on fund returns puts investors at risk
- IFA, 5 August 2013 | New research shows value of advice
- Financial Standard Online, 31 July 2013 | Advisers warned: Take sequencing risk seriously
- Investor Daily, 8 July 2013 | Adviser education on the national agenda
- Wealth Professional, 13 June 2013 | Griffith to boost industry reputation
- news.com.au, 19 May 2013 | Delays put superannuation plan in jeopardy, says Association of Superannuation Funds of Australia
- Australian Banking and Finance, 14 May 2013 | Opinion: Switch the debate to retirement adequacy
- Money Management, 20 March 2013 | How to manage sequencing risk
- Money Management, 18 March 2013 | Griffith secures FPEC accreditation
- Business Spectator, 8 March 2013 | Investors crushed under dodgy infrastructure
Maintaining financial health during a crisis
23 Apr 2020
A Griffith University finance expert says act now to lessen any blow to your financial position...
Student Tax Clinics set to help vulnerable taxpayers
14 Mar 2019
Griffith is the only university in south-east Queensland to be part of a national trial program.
Alternative Investments Conference explores the finer points of a cash-free...
06 Dec 2018
The day-long event drew on attendees’ broad expertise to discuss what is becoming an increasingly...
Alumni awards highlight the best and brightest of Griffith Business
31 Jul 2018
The four individuals are in the running for overall awards to be bestowed in September.