Griffith Global Mobility proudly supports students who participate in a variety of overseas programs through the provision of:
- a travel grant
- coverage under Griffith's Corporate Travel Insurance
- access to International SOS (24/7 emergency support)
By completing the Short-term Program Application (see below), you are applying for this support.
We generally seek to approve students provided that the program is deemed to meet our risk assessment requirements and complements your Griffith University studies.
Note: Before completing this application, you must first be accepted by the overseas program. If you are unsure about the suitability of the overseas program, please check with our office before confirming your place as you may be required to pay deposit fees.
How to apply
1. Find an overseas program
The first step is for you to find and apply for, and be accepted into, an overseas program. If you do not have a program already in mind, you can browse our database for inspiration.
You are not limited to the programs listed on the database. If you already have been accepted into a program (e.g. a study tour), please continue to the next steps.
2. Check your eligibility for support
In order to receive support from Griffith Global Mobility, you typically must:
- have a GPA of 4.5 or above at the time of registration
- be currently enrolled on-campus
- have already completed a minimum 10CP at Griffith University
If you do not meet the above requirements, please contact us as there may be flexibility depending on the type of program you are undertaking
Are you an international student?
International students are generally not supported by Griffith Global Mobility to undertake an overseas experience in their home country. Special consideration may be awarded depending on the program experience.
3. Prepare supporting documentation
To submit your application, you will need to provide the following documents:
- overseas program acceptance/proof of participation
- unofficial transcript
- passport copy (with 6 months validity after your return to Australia)
- evidence of credit (if applicable - see below)
There is no finite deadline to submit your application, however it must be completed prior to your departure (we recommend at least six week beforehand).
(compatible with Firefox and Google Chrome browsers only)
We aim to assess applications within 10 working days. Assessments are made in date order of submission and are not based on departure date.
Please note, our assessment takes into consideration the program's risk on your health and safety. Griffith International can refrain from supporting you should it be deemed that elements of the program are not safe.
Evidence of Credit
If you are receiving credit for your overseas Short-term Program, you will need to provide evidence of credit approval. Types of evidence of credit:
- summer or winter school: approved study plan
- Griffith study tour: email or letter from Course Convenor which confirms your acceptance into the program and its details (e.g. credit point value, dates, location)
- clinical placement: email or letter from the Program Director to confirm your acceptance into the program and its details (e.g. credit point value, dates, location)
- community internship course (3002LFC): email or letter from Course Convenor to confirm your acceptance into the program and its details (e.g. credit point value, dates, location)
- Work-integrated learning: email or letter from WIL Coordinator to confirm your acceptance into the program and its details (e.g. credit point value, dates, location)
- internship (outside of WIL program): approved study plan
Short-term Program Study Plan
- Research the overseas program and what it might be equivalent to at Griffith (most short term programs are equivalent to a free-choice elective)
- Download and complete the Short-term Study Plan (PDF)
- Submit your study plan and overseas program information to the relevant approver (see below)
|Griffith Business School courses|
|Trimester 1 (when getting study plan approved, not when going overseas)|
|All other study areas|