To calculate the exact cost of the Student Contribution Amount for an individual course in a non-standard enrolment load program, you will need the following information:
- the full-time study load of your program
- the Band assigned to the course
- the EFTSL (Equivalent Full-time Student Load) value of the course
The example illustrated below is for a student undertaking a Bachelor of Engineering (Civil Engineering)/Bachelor of Business (Management), who is enrolled in 1001ENG - Engineering Practice and Sustainability (a Band 2, 10 credit point course).
To calculate your full-time study load, divide the total credit points required to complete your program by the duration:
- 420 (total credit points) / 5 years (duration) = 84 credit points (full-time study load)
The total credit points and duration of your program can be found on Programs and courses. Enter the program code from this page and select the Search button.
To calculate the EFTSL value of the course, divide the course credit points by your full time study load:
- 10 (credit points) / 84 (full time study load) = 0.119 (EFTSL value of the course)
The credit points and the student contribution band of an individual course can be found on Programs and courses. Enter the course code from this page and select the course button.
To calculate the student contribution amount for the course, multiply the EFTSL value of the course by the student contribution band for a full year of study:
- 0.119 (EFTSL) x $8917 (Band 2) = $1061 (student contribution amount for course)
Note: The student contribution amount is always rounded down to the nearest dollar.