Griffith Pride Committee
The Griffith Pride Committee provides advice to the University on matters related to sex, gender and sexuality (LGBTIQ+) diversity and inclusion.
Terms of Reference
These terms of reference have been established to promote equality and inclusion for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex and queer ( LGBTIQ ) students and staff, and to value sexual and gender diversity within the Griffith University community.
- Provide advice to the Griffith University Equity Committee and its subcommittees on matters related to sex, gender and sexuality (LGBTIQ+) diversity and inclusion;
- Facilitate consultation with the Griffith community to ensure progress on sex, gender and sexuality (LGBTIQ+) diversity and inclusion;
- Contribute to and advise Equity Committee on the development, implementation and evaluation of the Griffith Pride Action Plan by –
- contributing to Griffith applications for the Australian Workplace Equality Index;
- evaluating relevant data, policies, systems, procedures and resources as relevant to the Griffith Pride Action Plan;
- identifying areas of concern or emerging issues related to the Griffith Pride Action Plan; and
- prioritising and proposing strategies to align with the overall goals of the Griffith Pride Action Plan.
- Provide leadership to the Griffith Ally Network by -
- defining requirements and expectations as a Griffith Ally;
- aligning the network objectives with the Griffith Pride Action Plan;
- facilitating feedback and communication through the network; and
- encouraging engagement with Griffith Pride events, programs and other initiatives.
We are currently developing our next Pride Plan. Please be in contact if you'd like to be involved in consultations or provide feedback to us directly using the form link below.
Membership is held for two years and comprises:
- Ex officio –
- HR Lead: Equity, Diversity and Inclusion; and
- Representative from Student Success.
- Other members including –
- At least one member of staff from each of the Academic Groups;
- At least one member of staff from an Element outside of the Academic Groups; and
- At least two student representatives who are members of the Griffith Ally Network.
|Ex officio||Marnie Kingemail@example.com|
|Ex officio||Kwan Bordenfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Staff (Sciences)||Cara Bealemail@example.com|
|Staff (Health)||Lisa Kruckfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Staff (Health)||Andrew Rayfieldemail@example.com|
|Staff (AEL)||Liam Ringelsteinfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Staff (Business)||Whitley Bradfordemail@example.com|
|Staff (GUMURRII)||Cheryl Godwell-Pepperfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Staff (Corporate Services)||Chantelle Hollenbachemail@example.com|
|Staff (Student Services)||Mark Simmonsfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Staff (International)||Kiri Bishopemail@example.com|
|Student (Gold Coast)||Harrison Sheehyfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Student (Nathan)||Liam Bakeremail@example.com|
|Student (Gold Coast)||J Dumbrellfirstname.lastname@example.org|