Griffith University Pride working party
Terms of Reference
These terms of reference have been established to promote equality and inclusion for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex and queer ( LGBTIQ ) students and staff, and to value sexual and gender diversity within the Griffith University community.
- To champion LGBTIQ equity and inclusion through the provision of introductory and ongoing training and education.
- To provide support and networking for LGBTIQ students and staff.
- To assist the University to provide a inclusive environment for students and staff irrespective of sexual or gender identity.
- To organise social events that celebrate diversity and inclusion.
- To promote positive attitudes towards LGBTIQ peoples and to increase visibility of LGBTIQ equality, including (but not limited to) promotional materials and awareness initiatives across the University and its campuses.
- To establish a steering committee of student and staff representatives to act as an advisory group to Griffith University on issues of sexual orientation and gender identity.
Positions are normally held for two (2) years and is as follows:
- Chair (staff member)
- Up to ten (10) staff representatives (ensuring at least one staff member from each Campus)
- Two (2) student representatives
- Other members, as invited by the Chair