Griffith Ally Network
The Griffith Ally Network comprises Griffith staff and students who support and affirm the experiences of people who identify as LGBTIQ+ at Griffith. This network is lead by the Griffith Pride Committee.
What is a Griffith Ally?
The role of an Ally is to:
- visibly support LGBTIQ+ inclusion by promoting and participating in Pride events, utilising Pride merchandise and identifying themselves as an Ally within their networks;
- provide a confidential and safe environment for people to make enquiries about issues related to the diversities of sex, sexualities and genders;
- make appropriate referrals should someone seek support;
- call out (where safe to) inappropriate anti-LGBTIQ+ behaviour;
- commits to ongoing personal education on the experiences of the LGBTIQ+ community; and
- actively encourage and contribute to the aims of Griffith's equity, diversity and inclusion goals, including actions within the Pride Strategy .
Find a Griffith Ally
There are many Griffith Allies available to speak to across all our campuses.
How to become a Griffith Ally
To formally become a Griffith Ally you will need to have completed approved LGBTIQ+ Inclusion training and register through the Griffith Pride Committee. You will have the option to be listed as an Ally in the Griffith phonebook (staff only).
LGBTIQ+ inclusion training for 2020 is in the process of being finalised. Please register your interest to participate in a workshop: